• Recone only the blown w/ stock

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
    Participant count
  • Participant list

Savackz

CarAudio.com Elite
GA
One of my XFLs are going out and I am just thinking of a few options. It either goes from 1) reconing only the blown one with a stock reone, 2) reconing both of them and then there are subcategories for that, whether its 2a) recone both with a stock recone for under 200 dollars for both or 2b) get custom recones and wire my sq3500 at half ohm with some Corey splaudio Deen recones, or 3) Just sell the subs as they are and buy some 1500~ rms 15s D2 new/used. More than likely would be 2 HDC315s

TL;DR, please read it and help someone out.

only you can answer those questions best because it's your time and your money involved.if you want to get louder,then upgrade.if you are happy with the sound you had then just recone the one.but obviously with car audio most always want louder,so...

How is the woofer on its way out? A woofer should either work or not work?
I would recone both with stock recones and wire to .5ohm.
The coil rub has gotten a lot worse over the past couple weeks. And you think they could handle that much power?

Clean power two xfls will handle a 3500 at .5ohm
Alright, I might try that. I am going to see if I can get the money for custom recones by the end of May and get them then.

custom recones with flat wound alum coils and TI baskets with 10" spiders..
Been leaning away from the recones since I've never done it and if I mess up, then I would still be out like 170 - 340 dollars plus a blown sub still.

It looks hard but when you actually do it, its simpler than building a box
I have been looking around for used woofers locally, but the only thing I can find that are D2 are the Massive Hippos but I am not so sure about them as a whole since I don't think they would work in my box and not much testing on them. I want to go half just to see what the difference is.

I have been looking around for used woofers locally, but the only thing I can find that are D2 are the Massive Hippos but I am not so sure about them as a whole since I don't think they would work in my box and not much testing on them. I want to go half just to see what the difference is.
i'd say just wait till the XFLs die out, sell them as is and when you have ample amounts of money and do a woofer upgrade thats actually worthy As in HDC4 or SSA Zcon, Sundown Nightshades or some NEO motored subs. That would be the loudest and most economical option vs spending on projects that barely gets you 0.5 to 1.5 db tops (if you are very lucky) then you'll be spending more on a bigger woofer upgrade not too far after that. Waste of money if you dont go hard and heavy off the bat. Patience is DBs

i'd say just wait till the XFLs die out, sell them as is and when you have ample amounts of money and do a woofer upgrade thats actually worthy As in HDC4 or SSA Zcon, Sundown Nightshades or some NEO motored subs. That would be the loudest and most economical option vs spending on projects that barely gets you 0.5 to 1.5 db tops (if you are very lucky) then spending more on a bigger woofer upgrade not too far after that. Waste of money if you dont go for the goal off the bat. Patience is DBs
At this point, they are pretty much done. Free aired them last night and the noise is really bad now. I am looking at the HDC3s or the Ampere 3.0s if I go that route.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...