Deciding on 6.5 components

Participant count
  • Participant list
Hey all and thanks for reading. I've been going through a lot trying to decide on components for a new system in my car. I was curious to hear everyone's opinions on what they would recommend in the 250-500 dollar range and I would like to hear the reasons why you recommend what you do.

These will be going in the front doors of a currently stock 06 accord and I will also be getting an amp to power them after I decide on a set of components.

I am currently considering the ID cxs64 v.2 components and would like to hear other options as well as differences.

Hey all and thanks for reading. I've been going through a lot trying to decide on components for a new system in my car. I was curious to hear everyone's opinions on what they would recommend in the 250-500 dollar range and I would like to hear the reasons why you recommend what you do.
These will be going in the front doors of a currently stock 06 accord and I will also be getting an amp to power them after I decide on a set of components.

I am currently considering the ID cxs64 v.2 components and would like to hear other options as well as differences.
Morel Tempo Ultra, or if you want to go a bit cheaper the Morel Tempo 6, or the budget Morel Maximo - Each one sounds great and for the price I love the Maximo.

Sorry to recommend all Morel but having listened to each of these sets I can say they all sounded great in their respective installs.

Morel Tempo Ultra, or if you want to go a bit cheaper the Morel Tempo 6, or the budget Morel Maximo - Each one sounds great and for the price I love the Maximo.Sorry to recommend all Morel but having listened to each of these sets I can say they all sounded great in their respective installs.
Would you say that all of those morel speakers sound all around better than the ID cxs? If not, then which have better mid bass? Which have better tweeters?

So it took me awhile to chose a set of 4 speakers the ones im about to show you arent components, they are mid range but i highly recommend them and you wont be disappointed you can buy tweeters on the side. I originally was looking to get 4 BEYMA G40's 6.5 ( Beyma Speakers - Beyma 6G40Nd 6.5" line array speaker - Beyma 6G40Nd 340 watt 5" speaker for line array and vented speaker applications. Beyma 5G40Nd 5" line array speaker and other Beyma speakers here. ) these i have heard before and sound amazing and clear which is why u probably looking for components set up. Then i ended up listening to my friends car and he recommend i get B&C 6MDN44 6-1/2 ( http://www.parts-express.com/pedocs/specs/294-645-bc-speakers-6mdn44-specifications-46948.pdf ) which i did and these sound amazing every thing sounds very very clear and all i need to add is tweeters and EQ deciding currently on amps to power all 4 of these babies so far i have Lanzer DCT252 or another 4 ch compact in size amp

So it took me awhile to chose a set of 4 speakers the ones im about to show you arent components, they are mid range but i highly recommend them and you wont be disappointed you can buy tweeters on the side. I originally was looking to get 4 BEYMA G40's 6.5 ( Beyma Speakers - Beyma 6G40Nd 6.5" line array speaker - Beyma 6G40Nd 340 watt 5" speaker for line array and vented speaker applications. Beyma 5G40Nd 5" line array speaker and other Beyma speakers here. ) these i have heard before and sound amazing and clear which is why u probably looking for components set up. Then i ended up listening to my friends car and he recommend i get B&C 6MDN44 6-1/2 ( http://www.parts-express.com/pedocs/specs/294-645-bc-speakers-6mdn44-specifications-46948.pdf ) which i did and these sound amazing every thing sounds very very clear and all i need to add is tweeters and EQ deciding currently on amps to power all 4 of these babies so far i have Lanzer DCT252 or another 4 ch compact in size amp
Hopefully you have some midbass speakers as well? Those speakers don't play down below 100 well at all. You'd be best to run them 3 way active with a dedicated midbass as well.

Op, I do believe the Morels are better sounding than the ID cxs. I don't know what it is about the Morel and their ability to play with such detail, but imo they are absolutely amazing.

Awesome //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/smile.gif.1ebc41e1811405b213edfc4622c41e27.gif would you also say that the morel tempo/tempo ultra/virtus have more mid bass punch than the ID cxs? Also which would you recommend between the morel tempo ultra and morel virtus?

Hopefully you have some midbass speakers as well? Those speakers don't play down below 100 well at all. You'd be best to run them 3 way active with a dedicated midbass as well.
Op, I do believe the Morels are better sounding than the ID cxs. I don't know what it is about the Morel and their ability to play with such detail, but imo they are absolutely amazing.
I would also like to point out that I will mainly be listening to dubstep,metal/metalcore, and hip hop. do any of those speakers play better for those kinds of music or is a good speaker just a good speaker? Thanks for the help!

For the price I think the Tempo Ultra are well worth it, unless you're going to a fully active front stage and plan on fine tuning every detail I don't think you'd need the Virtus. The Tempo Ultra will handle well down into sub range so you can cross them over and blend them easily with the sub stage.

Morel can be found in on the website mastertech posted.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.