Deciding between 2 amps both rockford fosgate....help

Drummerguy1584

This is my first post here, I have settled on a factory refurbished Rockford Fosgate punch 400.2 amp to run my Alpine SPX177r components. I was previously running a Phoenix Gold Octane 4.0.2 ( so anything will be an improvement over that)

My question is should I go with the 2012 model RF p400.2 shown here:

PUNCH Amplifiers - P400-2 - Rockford Fosgate®

which I found for $149 shipped

Or

The new 2013 RF p400x2 with some nice new features shown here:

PUNCH Amplifiers - P400X2 - Rockford Fosgate®

which I found for $163.98 shipped only $13.98 more

I like the ease of setup on the new version but I wanted some more experienced opinions to see if the new model is worth it

Thanks in advance

They would both be fine. Would I spend the extra $13 on the newer model? Yeah, probably, but not necessarily because of the new features. Simply because I would generally prefer to have the newest year model. That way, if you ever sell it, the resale value is higher ( in most cases )

Don't let anyone on here come and tell you that Rockford Fosgate is trash, either. I've got an RF 500-4 and RF1000x4 running my mids and highs right now and a RF 1200-1d on my sub and they perform very well.

I'm certainly not the most educated car audio aficionado around here, but I do have experience putting together good sounding systems. I've had CDT Audio and Alpine, Audison and Hertz, Massive and Zed Audio, Kicker, Cadence, Arc Audio, Elemental Designs, and Linear Power amps, and many many others over the years, and yes, there are some companies that pop up from time to time and make good quality gear.......but for a daily driver, Rockford Fosgate has been making decent amps for a while. Their speakers and subs **** ***, but their amps continue to be good quality........IMHO

what this guy says.dont let these people tell u rf. is no good. they are heavy duty!! i have a p6004 and p5002 with the clean set up,u can set the gains perfect in a minute! just use the biggest wire u can fit and use all copper, not cca wire make sure ur ground is good and u will have no problems

Rockford amps are great if you are shopping at best buy. They lack features, have bass boost remotes not gain control, the power amps are very very inefficent, made in malyasia, feel cheap, cant strap, only a few have adjustable SS filters and phase, none are active capable....

Yep those are great amps.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.