Rockford Fosgate rd 1200.1 vs memphis 1000 watt?

I wound never buy a Fosgate product. I would pay more for the memphis but thats just me.

You could get a Crescendo 1500 though and have more power for less money and a better amp

I run the Prime R1200 and love it. Ultra clean power, comes in underrated, has an incredibly tiny footprint and ran without too much issue back when I was 100% stock electrical (No Big 3, 100A stock alt, etc.). I've rarely ever gotten the amp warm to the touch. The filters are pretty good on it as well.

My only two qualms are that they are 45 Degree terminals and they didn't accept my over sized Knu 4 gauge.

Lots of people hate on the Fosgate Prime series amps, but I would honestly recommend them. They're all around solid amps at the price point, have a tiny footprint and are quite efficient.

EDIT: Pretty solid board as well: http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/187747-rf-r12001d-guts/

I run the Prime R1200 and love it. Ultra clean power, comes in underrated, has an incredibly tiny footprint and ran without too much issue back when I was 100% stock electrical (No Big 3, 100A stock alt, etc.). I've rarely ever gotten the amp warm to the touch. The filters are pretty good on it as well.
My only two qualms are that they are 45 Degree terminals and they didn't accept my over sized Knu 4 gauge.

Lots of people hate on the Fosgate Prime series amps, but I would honestly recommend them. They're all around solid amps at the price point, have a tiny footprint and are quite efficient.

EDIT: Pretty solid board as well: RF r1200.1d Guts - Amp Guts - SMD Forum
Lets talk about this real quick.

1. Comes with a bass boost knob?

2. No adjustable SS filter right? I'm guess here since no RF amp has one.

3. At what frequancy does it excede its 1200 watt rating on a test bench hooked up to a resistor?

Lets talk about this real quick.
1. Comes with a bass boost knob?

2. No adjustable SS filter right? I'm guess here since no RF amp has one.

3. At what frequancy does it excede its 1200 watt rating on a test bench hooked up to a resistor?

1. Most amps do (especially at this price point)...

2. 15-40/50Hz... Can't remember off the top of my head

3. If you do the calculations for voltage it puts out the power and has never gotten warm on me. Powers my SA-12s mighty fine.

1. Most amps do (especially at this price point)...2. 15-40/50Hz... Can't remember off the top of my head

3. If you do the calculations for voltage it puts out the power and has never gotten warm on me. Powers my SA-12s mighty fine.
1. They come with gain remotes not boost.

2. Is it a set filter or adjustable?

3. Look at your birth sheet and see where it makes that claimed power.. Normally its higher than you will ever use. And relize that its ran on a resistor and a full power bench

1. They come with gain remotes not boost. 2. Is it a set filter or adjustable?

3. Look at your birth sheet and see where it makes that claimed power.. Normally its higher than you will ever use. And relize that its ran on a resistor and a full power bench

1. Lots of amps still comes with boosts.

2. It is adjustable. Trust me. If you don't believe me I'll PM you a picture of the adjustment on Wednesday when I go back and get my truck. There's a reason I can play down to 20 Hz (grant it the subs/box don't like that, but still).

3. No idea where my sheet is. Pretty sure it never stated. I know I set my gains using my DMM to push 1250W with a -3 DB 35 Hz tone and haven't had a single problem with it.

1. Lots of amps still comes with boosts.
2. It is adjustable. Trust me. If you don't believe me I'll PM you a picture of the adjustment on Wednesday when I go back and get my truck. There's a reason I can play down to 20 Hz (grant it the subs/box don't like that, but still).

3. No idea where my sheet is. Pretty sure it never stated. I know I set my gains using my DMM to push 1250W with a -3 DB 35 Hz tone and haven't had a single problem with it.
There is a diffence between gain remotes and bass boost. Fosgates have bass boost. So the remote is essentually clip boost. The subsonic filter is not a brick wall its a slope roll off. But you are right is does have it. Most are set.

There is a diffence between gain remotes and bass boost. Fosgates have bass boost. So the remote is essentually clip boost. The subsonic filter is not a brick wall its a slope roll off. But you are right is does have it. Most are set.
I understand the difference between boost and gain remotes. I am saying the majority of amps out there still come with boosts. This may not be true for the amps we shop around for, but over all... And I never realized most were set, but after a quick google search I can see that is the case. No idea when they started adding the adjustable SS. My amp was bought last fall.

I understand the difference between boost and gain remotes. I am saying the majority of amps out there still come with boosts. This may not be true for the amps we shop around for, but over all... And I never realized most were set, but after a quick google search I can see that is the case. No idea when they started adding the adjustable SS. My amp was bought last fall.
I would guess the same time they stole Demore's DD-1 tech, renamed it and started using it. All higher end amps come with gain remotes if they have one. Gain remotes are very useful, you will hear they are not all the time from people that dont know how to use them.

I would guess the same time they stole Demore's DD-1 tech, renamed it and started using it. All higher end amps come with gain remotes if they have one. Gain remotes are very useful, you will hear they are not all the time from people that dont know how to use them.
I wholeheartedly agree about them being useful. Same concept as a LC1, but makes the change at the amp, not in between.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.