Decent SQ frontstage with spl subs?

Twistid
5,000+ posts

I recently took out all my substage out of my car and it was actually nice being able to listen to the music again //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/eek.gif.771b7a90cf45cabdc554ff1121c21c4a.gif, so now I've been thinking of installing a decent frontstage in my car and eventually throwing back in my substage.

My question is how many people have done this, obviously the SQ when the bass is turned up is going to be thrown out of the window, and it will not blend very well. My substage is (2) Mach 5 SPL 12's on a sundown 3000 with a 40hz box , I'm most likely gonna spend about ~$300 on the front components, I have a TT2300 laying around that I can use to amp them(150x2@4 rms) Or should I say "**** it, its not even worth attempting," and just pick up some PG RSD's or similar?

Hmm, thats what I was thinking, or I could just turn the sundown remote gain down to a tenth of its normal listening volume?

I'm looking at your signature, you have 2 IDMAX's which are by far no slouch in the SPL department, how do they work with your Focal's ? Obviously they have much more SQ than my Mach 5 SPL's but they dont overpower your frontstage?

Hmm, thats what I was thinking, or I could just turn the sundown remote gain down to a tenth of its normal listening volume?
I'm looking at your signature, you have 2 IDMAX's which are by far no slouch in the SPL department, how do they work with your Focal's ? Obviously they have much more SQ than my Mach 5 SPL's but they dont overpower your frontstage?
Any decent sub is going to overpower your front stage. It's unavoidable. Attenuating the sub(s) will help with getting your desired "SQ" (and is a must IMO, that isd unless you just like to hear boom, boom, boooom, boom, all the time).

Any decent sub is going to overpower your front stage. It's unavoidable. Attenuating the sub(s) will help with getting your desired "SQ" (and is a must IMO, that isd unless you just like to hear boom, boom, boooom, boom, all the time).
I do //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/smile.gif.1ebc41e1811405b213edfc4622c41e27.gif

I've always had a crazy idea about having SQ components and midbasses, but PA speakers(Selenium etc.) when you turn it up. am I crazy?

mbquart pvi's or some bostons or even focals will hold that power and you will still hear it with the sub beating if you install them right.

we run low 140's high 130's with bostons and quarts and it sounds awesome.

if you want your SPL subs to mix with good SQ comps try putting them into a sealed box. with a decent midbass you should be able to mix your subs in. You will want to deaden your doors though

I ran MB quart QSD216's with a 12" Fi Q ported throwing 1700w RMS to it (Not the most SPL but still loud) and it was great. I love loud SQ //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/biggrin.gif.d71a5d36fcbab170f2364c9f2e3946cb.gif. I think the front stage is deff worth it, no matter what substage you run if its daily.

QSD's were the **** tho best comp set of its time bar none (except for the signature qsd's lolz )
I Loved them. I miss that set up the most.

12" Fi Q Ported at 33hz

MTX 7801 @ 1 ohm

MB quart QSD216s

Cheap kenwood amp

I will say it again. Front stage is DEFF worth it.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.