decent alarm for 99 cavalier with manual locks

gqjeff
10+ year member

Waz up????
IL
Please give me some ideas if you can. My sons car got broken into last week and they took some cash and other things.. He has a decent system in his car and now I am worried as a parent about them getting the car stereo stuff next time. I was looking at the clifford matrix rsx3.5 or one of the vipers.

TIA, Jeff

ima watch this i wanna see what anyone says. i got an 01 cavy wit the manual locks also, and have been thinkin bout an alarm. i dont want my ish to get stolen, even tho u cant get into my trunk without the key to my car. BUT thats still my sub, power horn, deck, and eq that u can get access to with ease from breaking a window or something. but yeh i wanna kno what anyone htinks cuz i want an alarm too lol

i have a autopage 520lcd in my 02. Mine also came with manual locks but i just added some acutators. I think they were model 524t made by DEI

i already got actuators from my roommate. he pulled em off his old car when he sold it. is it possible to have a remote start if u have a manual trans? if so any of those alarms have remote start?

i have a autopage 520lcd in my 02. Mine also came with manual locks but i just added some acutators. I think they were model 524t made by DEI
Ok found those actuators and they are cheap like $11 a piece. Could I get the viper 5901 or would that be overkill on that vehicle?

5901 is over kill for your kid. the remotes are expensive to. how old is he. 560xv alarm remote start. done a bunch of those and am considering just doing that on my next truck instead of 2 way. i am tired of the bulky ass remotes.

Just get any DEI 2 way alarm. Add some door actuators. How did they break in? If they smashed your windows get a glass sensor.

You can do what I did to my last car. Disconnect the manual trunk lever and add a trunk pop solenoid and hook that up to a aux output on the alarm. I also took out the trunk key hole and put a back up camera in its place so the only way to pop my trunk was through the remote. I had a lot of good stuff in there and was pretty paranoid haha.

i already got actuators from my roommate. he pulled em off his old car when he sold it. is it possible to have a remote start if u have a manual trans? if so any of those alarms have remote start?

Python 872 or Python 991 has manual trans mode. The only diff between the two is that the 991 has a 2way lcd remote. Vipers version of the 991 i believe is the 5901. Either get that or a compustar unit. I would prefer the Python/Viper because of the 1 mile range though.

5901 is over kill for your kid. the remotes are expensive to. how old is he. 560xv alarm remote start. done a bunch of those and am considering just doing that on my next truck instead of 2 way. i am tired of the bulky ass remotes.

he's 17, 18 soon so let me know what one to get exactly and I will order it now.

Peace and thanks all, Jeff

I have the brain to the Viper 560XV, and the remote to go with it, its practically brand new, was used for like a month, but I dont have all of the harnesses for it. PM me if you want it.

I think I have the antenna for it too.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.