Deal between Murph and Deeper1

murph
10+ year member

Low for Life
Richmond,VA
I sent payment last night in the amount of 100 bucks to Deeper1 for the Phoenix gold zx600. He said he will be sending for shipping this morning.

Shoutout to garychoffmann for letting me have this one.

He has shipped it out this morning and provided a picture of the shipping receipt and the tracking number.

Glad this all is working out.... Might be the shortest amount of time I've ever owned an amplifier lol. Glad you posted your wtb thread before he shipped it. Good luck to both of you

Got it this past Thursday and after hooking it up it definitely was not putting out rated power. I also could not set the gain right on 4 volts either without the bass becoming choppy. I also heard a light hissing over the fan when I put my head close to the amp. I contacted a knowledgable person with pg amps and he said it's definitely the caps. He said they are for sure leaking and need replacing. He thinks unless the leaking has caused any other damages the amp should be fine otherwise. So I now will have to spend 65 recapping it and 40-50 for back and forth shipping. I texted him yesterday to no avail. So now I'm posting here.

Dang no good...
He seems like a good guy but, I offered more because I wanted to be fair expecting a fully working amp. I think his asking price plus shipping is what I should have paid and be given Bal the rest or repair purposes.

He seems like a good guy but, I offered more because I wanted to be fair expecting a fully working amp. I think his asking price plus shipping is what I should have paid and be given Bal the rest or repair purposes.
Hey contact me I got a amp here same one that im never repairing and you could have whatever parts you need just pay shipping. Shoot me a.message if you need anything. I didnt trash it because it works but has a lifted trace and the heat sink is in horribke shape

So you want him to refund you money to fix The amp ?
Just what I payed over his asking. He want 50+ shipping which came out to roughly 72 bucks. I payed more expecting a fully working amp.

they are very nice amps. I had a yellow zx250 but if yours is in decent shape get it fixed. you will really enjoy it

Deeper1 refunded me 25 dollars to help cover repairs. The caps were leaking and have been replaced. The power supply was improperly repaired at some point before I purchased it. It had too small of mofets causing the amp to put out less than rated power. The signal input circuit was damaged, there were two resistors that where "blown/open". Everything has been repaired and upgraded with larger caps and mofets than oem. It put out 590 watts rms @ 4 ohms bridged on 12.2 volts on a bench test. The amp is back on its way to me. I think our arrangement with the refund and the issue he may or may not have known worked out fairly.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...

About this thread

murph

10+ year member
Low for Life
murph
Richmond,VA
Start date
Participants
Who Replied
Replies