DDaudio box design better than others?

Gunk

CarAudio.com Regular
Ohio
So, id like to get some feedback on this situation. I have this little Dodge Neon and I really would love to have some deep bass in there. The main problem is I cant give up all my trunk space for a typical speaker box. I need the trunk for tools and such.

If I build a box to fit my trunk according to my space needs, I have figured I would have a box with about 1.5 cubic feet of air space.

My main question is, does anyone have experience with DDaudio products?

They claim their box design optimizes space to get the best bass for the space. According to their chart linked above, it shows I could build a box for 1 10" sub with 1.5 cubic ft of air space.

Here's their design...

So, just wondering if its a good idea to go with this company and if I went with this box design, will I be better off going with their sub? They claim their subs are specifically engineered to work great in these boxes.

I've been looking at their Redline 600 series.

I can say that my overall goal is to find the best box and sub that can give me the lowest frequencies. Sound quality isnt as important to me as hitting deep and hard as possible with my limited space.

Any feedback is much appreciated.

I’ve researched 10’s lately and there’s a lot of quality 750-1000 watt rms woofers that will do well in 1.25 cubes. I know that’s not a huge difference than 1.5 cubes. Also you have already done this but you could likely benefit from evaluating the layout and space of your trunk. For example, By optimizing the height and width of your trunk you might be able to shave some of that 15” depth which is likely to free up trunk space. That’s not a for sure but just thinking out loud

DD Redlines are pretty good subs for the money.

The DD box system is a more SPL oriented design. It will get loud while playing the kick drum notes tight and play down to about 35hz. If you can go a little larger you could squeeze a 12 in there.

What kind of amp are you going to use?

The DD box system is a more SPL oriented design. It will get loud while playing the kick drum notes tight and play down to about 35hz. If you can go a little larger you could squeeze a 12 in there.

What kind of amp are you going to use?

Regarding an amp, I am largely undecided. To be honest, I am rather inexperienced with setting up a system properly. I am trying to do my own research but this is the main reason I came to this forum, to hopefully find some good advice from some experienced people.

I was looking at this DM1000. One thing I dont have a grip on is what ohm level I should be running at. I know running at 1 ohm will be hotter on the amp but thats about it.

This amp is just under $400. Is this necessary or can I just go with something like this Scar amp for half the price?

Thanks.

Regarding an amp, I am largely undecided. To be honest, I am rather inexperienced with setting up a system properly. I am trying to do my own research but this is the main reason I came to this forum, to hopefully find some good advice from some experienced people.

I was looking at this DM1000. One thing I dont have a grip on is what ohm level I should be running at. I know running at 1 ohm will be hotter on the amp but thats about it.

This amp is just under $400. Is this necessary or can I just go with something like this Scar amp for half the price?

Thanks.

Dont give business to Skar, the owner is a big time pedo.

The orion xtr 1500 is a great amp and will give you reliable power.

You want to wire to as low of an ohm load as possible (also make sure your electrical system can handle the current draw of the amp) don't worry about heat, you aren't at a level where it should be a concern. Get a d2 sub and wire to 1 ohm and you'll be fine. If you think you might add another sub down the road get a d4 and run the amp at 2 ohms, it will still be plenty of power.

Dont give business to Skar, the owner is a big time pedo.

The orion xtr 1500 is a great amp and will give you reliable power.

You want to wire to as low of an ohm load as possible (also make sure your electrical system can handle the current draw of the amp) don't worry about heat, you aren't at a level where it should be a concern. Get a d2 sub and wire to 1 ohm and you'll be fine. If you think you might add another sub down the road get a d4 and run the amp at 2 ohms, it will still be plenty of power.

Ordering skar amp now because of this post.

You guys don't like the owner fine but now you're calling him pedo.

Ordering skar amp now because of this post.

You guys don't like the owner fine but now you're calling him pedo.

No one has a gun to your head. Just know that you are lining the pockets of a trust fund pedo by purchasing a rebranded off the shelf Chinese commie made amp that you can get from Alibaba for half of what Skar is bending you over for. But hey that's your prerogative.

Florida man gon Florida man

I’ve researched 10’s lately and there’s a lot of quality 750-1000 watt rms woofers that will do well in 1.25 cubes. I know that’s not a huge difference than 1.5 cubes. Also you have already done this but you could likely benefit from evaluating the layout and space of your trunk. For example, By optimizing the height and width of your trunk you might be able to shave some of that 15” depth which is likely to free up trunk space. That’s not a for sure but just thinking out loud
Yea, i was thinking like you said. I took measurements to maximize the actual dimensions in my trunk. I included the diagram to just illustrate the design that DD is using. My idea was to use their design but adapt it the actual dimensions of my trunk.

What 10s do you like?

I’m kinda budget everything so I’d buy is less than popular in respects to typical forum recommendations. If I had 200$ to spend per sub I’d get this

But the budget in me steers me toward an xfl.

How much lower do you think i would get if i went with a 12 instead of a 10?

If you have another speaker suggestion, please feel free to share. I just love the way low notes sound and feel. You have been very helpful so far.

Thanks.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.