SOLD DD9917 4" coil RE hybrid MONSTER 18" BIG SUB!

TeamPSI
10+ year member

Super Pimp VIP Member
OK so...

About 2 years ago I acquired this big DD 9917 from a guy. It was one of the VERY limited 9917's with a 4" coil. These subs were >$1000 from DD. Upon checking this motor out, I decided that it was actually really nice, and had a LOT of potential of built correctly.

I didn't have any coil to fit into this motor when I got it. Actually... it is set up for a less than standard former size. I've patiently kept the motor tucked away until I had a chance to design a coil for it. Well, after years of waiting, I finally got enough time to do it.

One thing that I noticed about this sub when I got it was that DD had used a puny little round wire coil in it. Yea ... it was still 4" in diameter, but that was about it. It kinda ******. I set out to mak a flat wound coil to really maximize the potential of this motor. I used a larger total diameter than the DD coil, as well as adding a good amount of length (adding xmax).

I decided to build this sub as an 18". I felt that only an 18" could really show off the monstrousity that this thing would become.

I used the standard MT type cone with large MT style lead wires.

The suspension is made up of three of our stiff spiders that have been cut to accomodate the 4" coil.

The coil is a dual 1.4 ohm... Dual 2 nominal load.

I would expect that this sub could handle more than 2500w rms and Lord know how much for SPL applications. From my small amount of testing with it... I think it's going to be one LOUD subwoofer.

Here are a few pics of the 9918 //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/wink.gif.608e3ea05f1a9f98611af0861652f8fb.gif vs. an MT 18"

0209061427.jpg

0209061427a.jpg

0209061428.jpg

0209061429.jpg

I have alreay made an extra recone asembly for this subwoofer. The sub will be sold with the recone assembly.

I would like to see $600 for the sub and recone.

I would also TRADE this sub for a NICE laptop ($700 or more value) or other COOL stuff. No... I dont want to trade it for 3 Funky Pups.

Sold Sold Sold Sold Sold Sold Sold Sold Sold Sold Sold Sold Sold Sold Sold Sold Sold Sold Sold Sold Sold Sold Sold Sold Sold Sold Sold Sold Sold Sold Sold Sold Sold Sold Sold Sold Sold Sold Sold Sold Sold Sold Sold Sold Sold Sold Sold Sold Sold Sold Sold Sold Sold Sold Sold Sold Sold Sold Sold Sold Sold Sold Sold Sold Sold Sold Sold Sold Sold Sold Sold Sold Sold Sold Sold Sold Sold Sold Sold Sold Sold Sold Sold Sold Sold Sold Sold Sold Sold Sold Sold Sold Sold Sold Sold Sold Sold Sold Sold Sold Sold Sold Sold Sold Sold Sold Sold Sold Sold Sold Sold Sold Sold Sold Sold Sold Sold Sold Sold Sold

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.