DD9512g - Ford Taurus 99 - ED nINE.1 - eDead

raz0rxx
10+ year member

First time posting a build log here, be gentle please!//content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/crazy.gif.c13912c32de98515d3142759a824dae7.gif

Alright time for some update pics. I have the dd9512 installed and bumpin, only problem is that its installed in the horn Pete (pwkdesigns.com) designed for my RFt1, tuning is very high almost 41+ I would guess, building a new straight ported box this weekend also. Fedex dropped off 40sq foot of eDead 120 so that should be installed this weekend (Car needs it bad, this sub is like WOW). Sorry for the late night pics, had to help a friend wire his car for his ED 19.Ov2 we installed.

Anyhow here we go!

Just got the windows tinted. $120 for all 5 windows and an 8" strip across the windshield. It is past legal dark...very....

2643uhd.jpg

Yellow top installed yesterday. Took the 4g big 3 off for now, I have the 0g ready just need to put it in.

14k8uic.jpg

ED nINE.1, 8 gage to sub, 0g to batt.

5e70wg.jpg

k9ju3p.jpg

The true beauty! I have the MDF middle piece to stop it from moving around in the trunk.

s6ov1l.jpg

34q0bah.jpg

I have a few problems that I am hopeing the eDead will fix. First off are there some sort of ports in the car that let air out when you close the trunk? Reason I ask is because when the lows hit outside the car it sounds like something is flapping open and closed. Thanks for looking, as usual all feedback is welcome. I will have some vids up tomorrow afternoon of some good pannel flex :twisted:

I have that flapping noise on my 02 taurus too =o. That and some massive trunk/spoiler rattle. Compared to other cars my trunk/spoiler are loud as hell. //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/redface.gif.62fdbfe1a101588a808c4cff71bcb942.gif

I have that flapping noise on my 02 taurus too =o. That and some massive trunk/spoiler rattle. Compared to other cars my trunk/spoiler are loud as hell. //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/redface.gif.62fdbfe1a101588a808c4cff71bcb942.gif
I really haven't taken a look below the carpet to see if there is any air leaks yet. I am hoping that it is something two layers of eDead will fix....if not I will go from there. Looking forward to getting everything finished, hoping I might be able to compete with this when its done.

Right now just putting about 1200ish. The second nine.1 is still in pre-production over at ED, should be here in a couple months. I have pics of the new box and edead but i still need to upload them.

looking good so far keep up the good work. //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/smile.gif.1ebc41e1811405b213edfc4622c41e27.gif
Thanks, sorry for the low amount of pics. I have to borrow my roommates digital camera every time I need to take a pic. I am more of the get it done and take pics later kinda guy :p

New box is in....HOLY ****! I have a headache now...I'll post pics/vids sometime later tonight or tomorrow. Stay tuned //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/biggrin.gif.d71a5d36fcbab170f2364c9f2e3946cb.gif **** rattles so bad and the trunk is no where near air tight at all.

New box is in....HOLY ****! I have a headache now...I'll post pics/vids sometime later tonight or tomorrow. Stay tuned //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/biggrin.gif.d71a5d36fcbab170f2364c9f2e3946cb.gif **** rattles so bad and the trunk is no where near air tight at all.
glad to hear this! the box makes the sub what it is bro! lmk when u want a d.h. design to compare //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/laugh.gif.48439b2acf2cfca21620f01e7f77d1e4.gif....

i think a folded horn would just make this do damage... how much room do you have? i have a horn design that would MURDER

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.