dd featherweight Kevlar cones?

Participant count
  • Participant list

Papermaker85
5,000+ posts

Banned
New orleans LA
kinda wanting to do the Kevlar featherweight cones. the regular carbon and Kevlar are actually heavier than the paper! that being said the featherweight are lighter. its 1100 for recones. anyone can tell me if they gained going to the featherweight cones? i gots dollars and kinda want to go over the top. is it actually worth it though? the drivers costed me 1100 another 1100 its pretty steep but if i will gain i'm gonna try it..

kinda wanting to do the Kevlar featherweight cones. the regular carbon and Kevlar are actually heavier than the paper! that being said the featherweight are lighter. its 1100 for recones. anyone can tell me if they gained going to the featherweight cones? i gots dollars and kinda want to go over the top. is it actually worth it though? the drivers costed me 1100 another 1100 its pretty steep but if i will gain i'm gonna try it..
You getting a z ?

If you've got money burning a hole in your pocket to gain, I've got an extra pair of Shocker Neo 18s. Neo will gain you far more than trying to save 40 grams of moving mass in the cone. The biggest weight savings you could do easily would be using aluminum coils.... if you hadn't already re-built them... if you aren't using aluminum already. The caveat being that aluminum is wildly inferior for long term thermal power handling so if you want to ever ground pound I'd highly suggest sticking to copper.

I've mentioned to you before, you are NOT doing anything where you need a composite cone. IF you get to the point where you are shredding cones you'll do just as well to just get a more solid pulp cone. Anything

If you've got money burning a hole in your pocket to gain, I've got an extra pair of Shocker Neo 18s. Neo will gain you far more than trying to save 40 grams of moving mass in the cone. The biggest weight savings you could do easily would be using aluminum coils.... if you hadn't already re-built them... if you aren't using aluminum already. The caveat being that aluminum is wildly inferior for long term thermal power handling so if you want to ever ground pound I'd highly suggest sticking to copper.
I've mentioned to you before, you are NOT doing anything where you need a composite cone. IF you get to the point where you are shredding cones you'll do just as well to just get a more solid pulp cone. Anything

What's the gap dimensions?

What's the gap dimensions?
A little bigger OD than the 05 sig but still pretty tight. I do NOT have it written down anywhere I can find and I do not have any of these torn down to get to the gap at the moment.

The 18s are all built up though and I can get American made parts if you do break things.

A little bigger OD than the 05 sig but still pretty tight. I do NOT have it written down anywhere I can find and I do not have any of these torn down to get to the gap at the moment.
The 18s are all built up though and I can get American made parts if you do break things.
Humm. I'm talking to a company to build some neo underhung prototypes. I kinda want to test some ****** drivers but truth be told I'll never be happy till I have my own line. //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/frown.gif.a3531fa0534503350665a1e957861287.gif

Humm. I'm talking to a company to build some neo underhung prototypes. I kinda want to test some ****** drivers but truth be told I'll never be happy till I have my own line. //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/frown.gif.a3531fa0534503350665a1e957861287.gif
I posted pictures along with the 2 amps back around christmas. Another member is borrowing them now and I'm away from home for another month.

Not sure what the rules in your org are, but our local org doesn't allow prototypes or things that are not or were not available for retail sale. Best to double check that before you go build yourself a prototype that gets you DQd.

I posted pictures along with the 2 amps back around christmas. Another member is borrowing them now and I'm away from home for another month.
Not sure what the rules in your org are, but our local org doesn't allow prototypes or things that are not or were not available for retail sale. Best to double check that before you go build yourself a prototype that gets you DQd.
Once I do that I'll care less about shows.just doing it for fun..

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

About this thread

Papermaker85

5,000+ posts
Banned
Papermaker85
New orleans LA
Start date
Participants
Who Replied
Replies
Views
Last reply date