dd audio 3500

DD has been headed in the wrong direction lately. They now have 'dealer quotas' like JL and Kicker do if that tells you anything..
The 35/95/99 series are still great subs though.
People that think this have never used a DD product. If anything they have gotten better. Why not have quotas when you make limited product? Wouldnt you want it in the best hands? Not all JL dealers have quotas, I think its only the signature dealers to keep that status.

People that think this have never used a DD product. If anything they have gotten better. Why not have quotas when you make limited product? Wouldnt you want it in the best hands? Not all JL dealers have quotas, I think its only the signature dealers to keep that status.
They're still great products; don't get me wrong. I just think they're trying to reach a larger audience by going more mainstream. It's good for their own personal gain, but bad for enthusiasts such as ourselves. As long as they keep up their current quality, I'd have no problem running (used) DD equipment.

They're still great products; don't get me wrong. I just think they're trying to reach a larger audience by going more mainstream. It's good for their own personal gain, but bad for enthusiasts such as ourselves. As long as they keep up their current quality, I'd have no problem running (used) DD equipment.
They dont stock enough product to go mainstream

I'm not sure why you would expect a 12" sub to be louder than a 15" square sub with everything else being equal. I would have also asked this question BEFORE buying the sub

I'm not sure why you would expect a 12" sub to be louder than a 15" square sub with everything else being equal. I would have also asked this question BEFORE buying the sub
Its a 15 with no excursion, no motor force... Thats how. How do you think some 10s are louder then 15s?

Its a 15 with no excursion, no motor force... Thats how. How do you think some 10s are louder then 15s?
Lol, I understand you love DD but you don't need to swing from their nuts every time a thread is made about them. They are not the solution to every problem.

His L7 has about TWICE the cone area as the 12" DD he just bought. If he's going sealed this is not a contest at all. If he's going ported I still give it to the 15" L7 unless he has some ****** prefab for the L7 and is getting a proper enclosure made for the DD.

I believe you like to compete in SPL, so I would imagine you would know that excursion is definitely not king when it comes to output. I'm sure you also know that excursion is limited in a ported enclosure, especially as you get closer to the tuned frequency. Add to that fact he is only running 1000 watts and the excursion statement is even more pointless as I doubt he will be moving either sub to their excursion limits using the recommended enclosures. Last I checked the L7 had around 16-18mm of xmax. Not sure what the DD 3500 has as DD does not list it on their website and I don't have a whole lot of time to search google right now but I doubt it could be that much more.

As far as BL, I'm sure the DD definitely has it beat. But I don't have the BL^2/Re values of either sub on hand at the moment to compare. However, I doubt the increased motor force of the DD is going to make up for the cone area it is giving up.

At any rate, I'm done. I have to leave for Muay Thai practice now and won't have the patience or energy to argue with you afterwards.

OP if you stick with the DD, make sure you get a good enclosure built for it, but I wouldn't expect an increase in output if the L7 was also in a good enclosure.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.