dd audio 3500

Datguy

so i went into a local car audio shop today and ordered myself a dd audio 3500 12 inch sub. im going to be replacing my kicker 15 inch l7. now i know its obviously gonna sound better than the kicker...but will it be just as good in terms of spl? loudness? its going to be powered by a kicker dx 1000 watt amp. same thing i powered my l7 with. so im pretty excited about it but im just curious about those little things. plus will it be able to hit high and low basses good to? its going to be in a ported box but im not sure how big.

ok so if i get the right box, it will still be able to hit high and low notes? it will be louder and more powerful than that l7?
i went from l7's to the dd 3512 a long time ago , and there was a big difference , but like i said you'll need a better bigger amp for the 3512, at least 1500 rms

It probably wont have the output a square 15 did on the same power but frequency response will be dependent on the proper enclosure. and it will sure sound a hell of a lot better than that l7 shit

it will in the right box,you'll need a bigger amp
Why would he NEED a bigger amp? I have never understood where this comes from.

As long as an amplifier functions correctly and is not clipping then it is working as intended. There is no requirement for extra power simply because a driver and handle more power. Altering the efficiency of an enclosure would also negate the "requirement" of "needing" more power.

As long as an amplifier functions correctly and is not clipping then it is working as intended. There is no requirement for extra power simply because a driver and handle more power. Altering the efficiency of an enclosure would also negate the "requirement" of "needing" more power.
Oh come on, a 50% power increase is good for a little more than a decibel. That's "necessary" right? :sarcasm:

If any company has helped perpetuate myths it's DD. You have nuthuggers acting like all their subs need 2k to function, and thinking that without it their subs just wont' work right. Combine that what with the one size fits all box specs (yeah right) and their BS marketing that acts like you'll have a loud flat and low response by tuning mid 40's.

Even more recently, "Supercharged", it's a freaking faraday ring, companies have been using them since the 70's FFS. About the only thing interesting to me would be seeing one of the smaller DD99 series with the retard strong cone in a tapped horn with a silly ratio no other sub could support. You could probably get silly output and max the sub out on less than 500 watts clamped.

^^^^THIS.... hes didnt say he was competing with it. just trying a different sub. no need to up grade on power that.

You could double power or more if you want. If you build a DD spec box you will have a flat response down in the 20hz range. It should get louder then the Kicker and WILL sound better. You bought a great sub.

DD has been headed in the wrong direction lately. They now have 'dealer quotas' like JL and Kicker do if that tells you anything..

The 35/95/99 series are still great subs though.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.