DC Lvl 3's box

Participant count
  • Participant list

PapaGeno21
10+ year member

Captain Questions
OK so I may be changing out my sub. I am seriously considering getting two DC Level 3 15's to replace my single FI BL. I have nothing against the FI, in fact I love it. However running two of them would be silly on the power I have. I heard a setup the other day with a Crescendo 2K on two Obsidian 15's and it just made me realize how much cone area really wins. Me and him make the same power but he was much louder due to having 2 15s.

SO anyways here is the room I can spare.

41x18x18

Comes out to 6.22 Net.

Now I am going to run aeroports that way I can not waste a ton of box space to build a slot port.

I have a few ideas.

(4) 4" ports at 14" long

5.40 Net cubes, 35.54HZ Tuning, 9.30 port area per foot

(2) 5" Ports at 10" long

5.62 Net Cubes, 35.22HZ Tuning, 6.98 port area per foot.

Now the two 15's would be running .5 ohms on a DC 2.0 with good electrical (Still in the works on electrical)

Just wondering if there are better options for the box with port and tuning etc. Or if my options are good, which should I go with?

Thanks!

Yea good luck ..i know dc.s do well in snall boxes but ur port area is wayyy too small..when i think of.small port i think 13^in2. ur talkin 9 and 6
You must have missed the mention that it is an Aero port lol. You do not make aero ports the same size as slot ports. They are more efficient and do not require as much space.

However I decided to go with level 4s and run a bigger box anyways. Still going aero but more around 10" per foot.

The option of 4 10's and 3 12's crossed my mind but its more costly.

Ok I decided to bump the box up to 7.5-8 cubes gross and I am going to go with level 4 15's.

I see a lot of people using 9-12" of port. Is 9 too small for these things?

I can't do a slot as it rapes the box size...

I can do..

(5) 4" ports at 15" long each. They end up tuning the box to 34, 62" of port area at 9.4" per foot.

-OR-

(2) 6" ports at 14" each tuned at 33 at 56" of port area with 8.3" per foot.

Now what is sad is the 5 ports are actually cheaper, the 6" ports are stupid money.

What would you do and if you have any better suggestions I am all ears!!!!

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.