db drive amp = best experience ever

lol make me laugh i have been in the car audio industry for near 15 yrs. just cause i'm a newbie here. the speed series is rated in dynamic power.

what do you guys know about fuse rattings? if you have 80amps in fuseing you can draw 160amps thru that for 3secs easy. i have seen people burp over 5000rms thru a 80 amp fuse.

there platiunm 1200.1 has 2 40 amp fuses and makes close to 1500rms actual.

please do ur homework before you start posting about something u know nothing about,thank you...

lol make me laugh i have been in the car audio industry for near 15 yrs. just cause i'm a newbie here. the speed series is rated in dynamic power.
what do you guys know about fuse rattings? if you have 80amps in fuseing you can draw 160amps thru that for 3secs easy. i have seen people burp over 5000rms thru a 80 amp fuse.

please do ur homework before you start posting about something u know nothing about,thank you...
No.

/your life

So if my JBL amp has 3 40's, it can put out like 2250rms?

//content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/rolleyes.gif.c1fef805e9d1464d377451cd5bc18bfb.gif

So if my JBL amp has 3 40's, it can put out like 2250rms?

//content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/rolleyes.gif.c1fef805e9d1464d377451cd5bc18bfb.gif
You didn't hear about the new formula for calculating RMS wattage? You take the amount of fusing, multiply it by 2, then add a zero at the end.

You didn't hear about the new formula for calculating RMS wattage? You take the amount of fusing, multiply it by 2, then add a zero at the end.
I must have missed that memo //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/laugh.gif.48439b2acf2cfca21620f01e7f77d1e4.gif

well u guys are saying said amp cant make the power because of fuse size. a amp with 2 40 amp fuses can make 1200rms easy. soo many people look at fuse size these days and guess the power. some co's push the fuse limit so if a customer clips the amp really bad by maxing gain and bb it will blow the fuse. others will put 100 amps of fusing on a 500watt monoblock. newbies look at fuse ratings. ask any manufacture...

All i know is Db drive has been used and won in USACI in spl and SQ. In those classes they won, they competed against many a forum boner brand.

well u guys are saying said amp cant make the power because of fuse size. a amp with 2 40 amp fuses can make 1200rms easy. soo many people look at fuse size these days and guess the power. some co's push the fuse limit so if a customer clips the amp really bad by maxing gain and bb it will blow the fuse. others will put 100 amps of fusing on a 500watt monoblock. newbies look at fuse ratings. ask any manufacture...
ok, most fuese will not take double their ratings. and why would they want it to keep blowing fuses. so people keep returning the amps or spending 100 bux a week on fuses?

it takes current to make power fyi. so what is the max draw of the amp? and these amps must be 200% efficient.

umm yea it takes 200% for 3 sec to blow a fuse look it up or call around and ask. some types of fuses will hold out a little longer than others.

the amps aren't bad, but come on now. No company would slap 80a worth of fusing on a true 2000wrms amp. That would be way too many returns for them from customers blowing internal fuses. Can 80a handle 2000wrms for a while? yes. Daily no way

Since I'm a MECA competitor and I can personally do about 148-149 dB's at the headrest off of a fuse that's only rated for 5A (actually handles about 40A), I'll agree with you.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.