Dayton RSS390HF-15"

Participant count
  • Participant list
heard great things about it, you should get the HO series for high output. Also your comparing an 8" to a 15" thats like a bb gun to a shot gun

The Daytons are very nice. They are a great SQ sub that can get relatively loud. They are not going to be W7 loud though. If you want a very tight, accurate, quick, musical sub, with impact then its an awsome sub. If you want to just get super loud then I would look at others. I had 2 HO 10's they are one of the best sounding subs I have heard. Only a couple other subs that touch it the price range or above if you want a sub that can reproduce music very accurately. For the price they are hard to beat. They are a little ineffecient so make sure you have plenty of power on tap. I found the HO 10's to like RMS and a little more is where they sounded best.IMO

The HF and HO models will both get plenty loud for my needs. I'm not looking for something to kill small children with.

I'll play around with the HO and see what I come up with.

I see you have a DIYMA 12, how do you like it?

I am still in the install phase with the new car. I have not gotten that far yet. I have multiple subs laying around right now its the front runner. This is strictly a SQ car so I am like you not looking for anything that gets real loud. I am going to try it due to only requires .5 cubic ft. sealed and will yeild of Qtc.707. I was very impressed with HO and I may go back to that. I am sure I will go through everything I have laying around until I get to what I am looking for. Hopefully that isn't 6 or 8 different sub and brands.

I am still in the install phase with the new car. I have not gotten that far yet. I have multiple subs laying around right now its the front runner. This is strictly a SQ car so I am like you not looking for anything that gets real loud. I am going to try it due to only requires .5 cubic ft. sealed and will yeild of Qtc.707. I was very impressed with HO and I may go back to that. I am sure I will go through everything I have laying around until I get to what I am looking for. Hopefully that isn't 6 or 8 different sub and brands.
Fantastic. Good luck with that. Let us know how it turns out.

And I'm dying to take a look at the DIYMA 12 but the store is closed for the weekend! Do you have any links to T/S parameters?

The only way to get one now is from someone who has one used or new. There are some that have popped up lately, usually around $125.00 or so. The site over there is on the blitz right now. Should be working on Monday or so correctly. All the info you ever wanted to know about the Dayton or DIYMA and then some is on the http://www.diymobileaudio.com site.

I know its there, I'm a member. But like I said the search function is down and I was wondering if you had any information that I could look at right now.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.