Dayton RSS265HO-44 10" vs Kicker CompQ 10" For SQ Need Input

Participant count
  • Participant list

marvin5881

CarAudio.com Newbie
I'm looking for a nice SQ subwoofer and I've come down to the Dayton RSS265HO-44 or a Kicker CompQ. I got a 1 cubic ft sealed box with a 12" Earthquake SLAPS passive bass radiator installed in it. I'm leaning towards the Dayton due to the cheaper price but I'm not entirely sure if the speaker will be okay for usage at 1 cubic ft. I read online of possible over excursion issues in a box that large.

I've read on their website that the recommended sealed volume is 0.55 cubic ft

Do you guys think I can get away with a box this large with the Dayton? I'd just call it a day and buy the kicker but I'm already over budget here.

.55 cubes with an F3 of 46hz. You can go bigger. If you ever got to the point to where it was unloading in 1 cubic foot you can always add displacement like 2x4s in the box to shrink it. But I doubt that will happen.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.