Participant count
  • Participant list

Jimg

CarAudio.com Regular
Here is the setup I am looking at unless someone has a better solution

car is a 2012 mustang
Shaker 500 factory radio

1st. I am removing the factory radio
Probably goin to use Kenwood or pioneer double din. I need the double din to add a back up camera

2nd. I have a set of 5 1/4 focal components I was going to make a template so I can mount them both the speaker and the tweeters in the factory speaker location in the top of the door

3rd. I have a set of focal 6 1/2 component. I am going to make a template and mount the 6 1/2 in the factory sub location in the bottom of the door

but here is where it gets where I want a little direction

I want to mount the second set of tweeters on the dash in the pods that came with the focals

if I do this this will take all 8 outputs from the dsp 408

4th. My thought would be the dsp to control the 8 speakers up front

then just use the sub out put from the head unit with the built in cross overs

Is this option ok. Or are there better options for wiring this setup

5.25 are going to do anything great for your front doors . Which focal series is the 6.5 set. Run the 6.5 focal set active on a network capable double din and a four channel amp. You won’t even need that dsp.

I already have the speakers purchased and the dsp

Focal. Iss 130. 5 1/4

Focal. Iss. 165. 6 3/4

Dayton DSP will **** on any headunit DSP.

I wouldn't run two different sets of speakers though. Going to get cancelation issues.

Just run the 6.5s active or go with a 3 way active setup.

Dayton DSP will **** on any headunit DSP.

I wouldn't run two different sets of speakers though. Going to get cancelation issues.

Just run the 6.5s active or go with a 3 way active setup.
totally right on the dsp vs headunit but factoring an overall upgrade from factory headunit, the new headunit dsp run active on the 6.5 comp set
Might be a desirable enough improvement. Could always add the Dayton dsp if it wasn’t good enough

Forgot to add. Will be running two 8 inch subs ported

Or one 10 inch sub ported in the trunk

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.