Dayton Audio Ultimax and Titanic (MK4), what is the difference in terms of a car sub?

Participant count
  • Participant list

D0ZER

MN
I am Looking at 10" subs around 500RMS for around $200 and found these two in that range;however, I am having a hard time figuring out what the differences in their specs mean in terms of car audio application. I tried googling it and I found nothing helpful since I am interested in a sealed box for a car and even the descriptions by Dayton leave me confused. And FYI I plan on using 3 of these (1.3 ohm) with with a Rockford T1500-1bdcp and will use a sealed enclosure and can do up to .85 ft^3 of space per sub and mostly listen to electronica.

Dayton Audio UM10-22 10" Ultimax DVC Subwoofer 2 ohm Per Coil

Dayton Audio TS280D-4 10" Titanic Mk 4 Subwoofer 4 Ohm

TS280D-4 10" Titanic Mk 4 Subwoofer 4 Ohm Specification Sheet

UM10-22 10" Ultimax DVC Subwoofer 2 ohm Per Coil Specification Sheet

They look quite similar in specs. Looks to me like about the only difference is that tall surround on the Ultimax.

Looking at reviews at Partsexpress.com people seem to be having some mechanical failures with the triple joint on Ultimax so unless you can verify that Dayton has begun using a different glue you might avoid trouble by going with Titanic.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.