Dayton Audio Dsp-408

SunUpNeverdown

Support starving audiophiles in America
With the Dayton Audio dsp-408 how would I wire the speakers and tweeters so the crossover knows the difference in the driver? Because I will have the tweeters wired parallel with the from speakers to get a 2 ohm load on each channel. Amp sae 100.4 and 4 6.5 sundown midrange with 1” super tweeters. I’m new to external EQ and crossovers. Never used one.

Like Jeff said, that sounds like a lot of tweeter to me. It seems like most of the guys on here will run
2-midrage
2-midbass
2-tweets
Sub
One 4 channel amp for the midrange and midbass with each having their own channel on the Dayton
One 2 channel amp for the tweets with each having their own channel on the Dayton
Sub amp could use the final two channels on the Dayton

Otherwise, if you insist on running four tweets, run two four channel amps and control every speaker individually with the Dayton. Then, just run the sub off the HU. Just don't give up on the Dayton like I did. It's a very technical piece. Hopefully, I won't get bashed for replying. 🤫

Why would you get bashed for replying? And how do I run rcas for the tweeter amp if I will already have all three rca inputs on my hu used for front rear and subwoofer?

Last edited:
Why would you get bashed for replying? And how do I run rcas for the tweeter amp if I will already have all three rca inputs on my hu used for front rear and subwoofer?

Because I gave up on the Dayton. Plus, I recommended pre-fab boxes to guys who refused to build their own. Therefore, I was bashed for that. You know, telephone tough guys and keyboard bullies. No worries, I faced it all and never backed down. I'm still standing. That's why you see the -121 next to my name.

Slam box makes good prefab boxes. I work 6 days a week and don’t have the time to build my own boxes anymore. I’m ordering a box from SlapBox USA for my zv5. It’s to the specs perfectly and has binding post terminals instead of a cup. They are good prefab boxes. And I gave bad advice on here before and recommend skar audio to a guy because I didn’t know that the skar audio dude shitted on ppl here. Nobody’s perfect and we all make mistakes. It’s about where someone’s intentions are, not the advice. If someone was trying to help but didn’t know any better and gave bad advice then they should be helped and corrected. Never bashed. That’s just what I think. I will like everything I see u post just off general principle because nobody deserve to be in the negative just because they didn’t know any better.

Bobbytwonames, thank u. And can u like all my comments to get me out of the negative too lol I’m n the negative too? i only need 25 likes to get back to 0 lol! Please people get me out of the negative. I would pull anyone of y’all out of the pit if u are a good person. Let’s be good people and pick each other up rather than throw someone under the subwoofer.

Certain words and advice on here are instant death by the typewriter police.
1. Skar
2. Pre-fab
3. Soundstream
4. Any cheap amp brand (autotek, performance tecknique, audiobahn, etc....)
5. Rear fill
6. Coaxials in the front doors
7. Stock Head Unit or LOC
8. Two different subs the same size

Everybody feel free to add to the list

Let em bash, but I watched videos on the Dayton thing and even bought a polarity tester, impulsively, and have decided I might just get a regular crossover. That Dayton thing is too complicated. But I might have a change of heart because the Asian that sold me the polarity tester didn’t cancel my order lol! I’m ballin on a budget. $10 can get me through the day lol! But when it gets here I might keep it but most likely I’m gonna get eBay involved and get my refund and say screw the complicated Dayton thing lol or I might do more research. I need to know how to hook up 4 speakers and 2 tweeters (all 4 ohms) to a sundown sae 100.4 with that complicated Dayton Audio eq and crossover thing or a regular crossover(s). Regular crossover(s) preferably.

Let em bash, but I watched videos on the Dayton thing and even bought a polarity tester, impulsively, and have decided I might just get a regular crossover. That Dayton thing is too complicated. But I might have a change of heart because the Asian that sold me the polarity tester didn’t cancel my order lol! I’m ballin on a budget. $10 can get me through the day lol! But when it gets here I might keep it but most likely I’m gonna get eBay involved and get my refund and say screw the complicated Dayton thing lol or I might do more research. I need to know how to hook up 4 speakers and 2 tweeters (all 4 ohms) to a sundown sae 100.4 with that complicated Dayton Audio eq and crossover thing or a regular crossover(s). Regular crossover(s) preferably.

I sold mine and bought the Taramps 4 way. I'm not a tinkerer. Set it once and roll with it. Nothing against the techies or tinkerers. That's just not me.
20191204_222601.jpg

With the Dayton Audio dsp-408 how would I wire the speakers and tweeters so the crossover knows the difference in the driver? Because I will have the tweeters wired parallel with the from speakers to get a 2 ohm load on each channel. Amp sae 100.4 and 4 6.5 sundown midrange with 1” super tweeters. I’m new to external EQ and crossovers. Never used one.
So your dsp doesn’t care what the impedance is. It’s hu to dsp to amps to speakers. That said you should be able to run two 4 ohm tweeters to 1/2, 4 mids on 3/4 and 5/6, then subs on 7/8

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.