Daytime running lights

Jobst
10+ year member

I own a chevy camaro 2011 and i want the DRLs off, i hate them so much, and yes i'm aware they're there for safety but i dont care. My friend has a trailblazer ss and he found a module that kills the DRLs without taking them out, and i was wondering if anyone knew about one for a camaro. Thanks for the help in advance.

Why not pull the DRL fuse or just pull the bulb out instead of wasting money on a module? Are the DRL bulbs used for anything else, such as parking lights, or are they independent of other lighting systems?

had to pull a relay in my malibu to turn the dlr feature off...not sure which one it would be in a camaro though. Also, if you start pulling wires or relays your check engine/service vehicle light will most likely come on; not sure if this will void your warranty or not.

this is dumb. i know mine are just the head lights with less power btw
on my grand am ihave daytime running lights, and they arethe same as turning the lights on, but the tail lights dont come on and the dash lights dont and the fog lightswont but it has the sensor to turn on everything else when its dark enough, i love it, i donthaveto turn the lights on and i dont have to turn them off. its great and grand ams look way more beast with the lights on. epsecially in the dark wth the fog lamps on.....cuz my grand am looks like **** so you only see the badasss lights

Or you could remove the DRL relay if it's not tucked within a computer. My car has separate bulbs for DRL but my car is older. You should leave it alone if you have factory HIDs though.

Your headlight has 5 wires(3 for headlight and 2 for turn signal) so the headlight is a dual-filament bulb. I think one filament is for high-beam and the other is for DRL/low beam so cutting wires is not going to kill the DRLs unless the filament is separate for the DRL.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.