Damaged Sub?

Participant count
  • Participant list

TuckyKal
10+ year member

Beer Drinker
So I have 2 12" performance elemental design subs and a Cadence Z9000 amp... one of my subs has a little rattle when it hits... I have taken it out of the box, rewired it, made sure the box is air tight... it's sealed perfectly and is dynamatted on the inside out. Both subs have been given the same amount of power... they are DVC subs... The rattle isn't audible when the subs are played loudly-the speaker in question hits just as hard as the other speaker.. kind of confused. What does this mean?

Kyle

So I have 2 12" performance elemental design subs and a Cadence Z9000 amp... one of my subs has a little rattle when it hits... I have taken it out of the box, rewired it, made sure the box is air tight... it's sealed perfectly and is dynamatted on the inside out. Both subs have been given the same amount of power... they are DVC subs... The rattle isn't audible when the subs are played loudly-the speaker in question hits just as hard as the other speaker.. kind of confused. What does this mean?
Kyle
would that eD sub be flat or concave with an "e" logo on it?

If it's a flatcone, then I'm not sure, email jeremy@edesignaudio.com. If it's the older "e" logo sub, then it's prolly your tinsels slapping on the cone. Get a flat piece of cotton and stick it to the place where the tinsels might be hitting at the rear.

so probably not damaged? here are the subs:
edesign.jpg

eh, I did sir and they want me to send it to them--but I dont want to pay for shipping and all that so I'm going to play with it myself--It's not that bad I just like to know my subs are in perfect working order... Kinda picky..

ohhh, how exaclty would I go about getting to where I need to apply the cottom to prevent the slapping from being audible? thanks for all your help..

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.