daisy chaining amps

It doesn't matter too much which amp gets the signal from the HU first but my preference has been to go from the HU to the full range amp and then out to the mono amp.

There is a small amount of signall loss going through some amps but it's not huge in most cases.

This method is only required when your HU does not have a designated subwoofer output.

Hope this helps.

My HU just has one general amp output. Currently going to bass amp. But yes, that answered my question. Thank you

when you daisy amps, does it matter what amp gets the initial signal from the HU?I.e. would it be better to send the HU RCAs to the sub amp, or mid amp? Or does it not matter?
Well when you daisy or strap amps. It really dose not matter witch one gets the signal from the head unit. Just as long as you have what ever amp is getting the signal from the head unit. As master and the other amp as the slave. There should be a switch on the amps the says master slave. If you can even do that with your amps.

Well when you daisy or strap amps. It really dose not matter witch one gets the signal from the head unit. Just as long as you have what ever amp is getting the signal from the head unit. As master and the other amp as the slave. There should be a switch on the amps the says master slave. If you can even do that with your amps.
daisychain and strapping are 2 totally different things

I Daisy chained my 1200 w Jensen D-series amplifier to a Boss audio 1100 w riot monoblock and it worked perfectly fine no downgrade or distortion. When I say daisy chained I mean both of my amplifiers are powered and grounded independently and share The equalizer settings and head unit signal through RCA's in a daisy chain

I Daisy chained my 1200 w Jensen D-series amplifier to a Boss audio 1100 w riot monoblock and it worked perfectly fine no downgrade or distortion. When I say daisy chained I mean both of my amplifiers are powered and grounded independently and share The equalizer settings and head unit signal through RCA's in a daisy chain

Wow thanks for bumping a 12 year old thread for this comment you probably should have never shared.
really.jpg

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...