cvr probs!!!!

Ok guys, so I got home today, decided to run my cvr again....checked if everything is in working condition, I heard a slight rattle on the woofer when I took it out of its enclosure, I slightly pressed on the cone to hear if the problem is the coils, it turns out that only the half of the coils diameter has a rattle but when I press on the other side I hear no rattle, could it be that the coil went abit skew from standing on its side in the box for a while?....will the subs suspension straighten out if I rotate the sub once in a while?

press directly down in the middle,and let us know what you hear.Scratching.or any roughness, and you may have a bad sub on your hands.Might take a look at it and see if you notice any burning indication/discoloration just under the cone on the leads.I had a used CVR that had some bit of rattling,and didnt last much longer than a month before cooking on rms power

problem one is its a kicker, second, check to see if the spider is detached or partially detached... happens alot on cheap subs... exspecially if you heat 'em up alot the glue tends to give after awhile... trust me I got a garage full of subs with detached spiders, glue problems from clipping the sh1t out of them and heaten em up!!!

Probably cuz OP is running kickers... I had my fair share of experience with them. Never going back
i've run plenty of kicker. i'ver seen and heard kicker setups that would put most of you rookies to shame. so i doubt thats it.

I don't know why people gotta rag on Kicker so bad. I've had a few pairs of CVR's and comps overs the years and beat the piss out of them and after I beat them I sold them on Craigslist to another person that was looking for cheap bass. I wouldn't pay retail but then again, I don't really buy equipment new.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

About this thread

faeezhio

faeezhio
cape town, SA
Start date
Participants
Who Replied
Replies
Views
Last reply date
Last reply from
jrdnhsnbrg