cvr 15d4s compared to hds2 15d4s

BassAndBeer

CarAudio.com Elite
amp: 1600.1 @ 1 ohm

box 13 cubft net @ 31hz

stock alt and d3400 under the hood.

now, I put the hds2 15s in and they sound way better quality wise, like they hit the high notes and low notes and sound good doing it. but then I throw the cvr 15s in and you can literally hear the difference like night and day. they move way more air, and sound all around much more brutal than the hds2 15s. not to mention they look beefier and are heavier than the hds2s. how is it that a 500rms sub is wayyyy louder than a 600 rms sub? not to mention the cvrs have stupid excursion compared to the hds2s.

Might have the box tuned too low. Your also comparing SQs bottom line sub to one of kickers highest end

Sent from my 5054N using Tapatalk

Might have the box tuned too low. Your also comparing SQs bottom line sub to one of kickers highest end
the cvr isn't kickers highest end, plus the hds2 is suppose to be more than an entry level sub. as stated in the description, its anything but an entry level sub. lol im not bashing on sq, I love the hds2 line they play really great in this enclosure they hit the high notes and low notes and sound good doing it, they have that over the cvr's as the kickers seem to love anything below 40hz

Kicker CompVR 07CVR154 15" subwoofer with dual 4-ohm voice coils at Crutchfield.com
Is this the correct kicker model^

Kicker cvr 15 = $249 and db 89.7db

Soundqube 15 = $119 and 87.9db

The kickers prly just like the box more . Or the kickers prly just have a softer suspension making them louder on your hifonics amp, get a aq 3500 and put a rated 1200watts to each soundqube and see what happens.
I have the 2010 model cvrs, the black ones that resemble the cvxs. that could be a factor that the box is tuned low but I like lows. it was a mistake on my part buying the hds2 for my type of music. at the time I didn't pay attention to the ts specs. just the rms rating. I was a noob

ive tested them in the same box, 13 cubes net at 31hz. each sub seeing about 6+ cubes net, @ 1ohm on a brutus brx 1600
A lot of box rise and its a brutus, you arent seeing much power after rise, its a huge box. Also kickers designed to work 100 to 500 watts so it could be more efficient with less power.

A lot of box rise and its a brutus, you arent seeing much power after rise, its a huge box. Also kickers designed to work 100 to 500 watts so it could be more efficient with less power.
very true, however I think that the cvr would still smash the hds2 if both had their individual enclosures built to spec and on a couple hundred more than their rated

very true, however I think that the cvr would still smash the hds2 if both had their individual enclosures built to spec and on a couple hundred more than their rated
kicker would be fine with its current power, however, if you give them both double the RMS and the hds will pull away while the kicker will start melting. Its not something to be bragging about though. woofer designs should always be about efficiency.

kicker would be fine with its current power, however, if you give them both double the RMS and the hds will pull away while the kicker will start melting. Its not something to be bragging about though. woofer designs should always be about efficiency.
Unless you like insane powah //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/laugh.gif.48439b2acf2cfca21620f01e7f77d1e4.gif like 7k to each 3" coil...

ive tested them in the same box, 13 cubes net at 31hz. each sub seeing about 6+ cubes net, @ 1ohm on a brutus brx 1600
31hz is way too low for an HDS2 as well as 6cubes these subs love the 35-40hz range and only need like 4cubes per sub also I just re read your first post. You said the CVR has more excursion that is why it moves more air. Now if you had the power put the CVR against an HDC3 since they are in the same price range and see which one wins

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.