cutting speaker holes

Got most of my box done just have to cut speaker holes. I was wanting to flush mount my subs but I already glued my second baffle piece to the front. How would I go about routing my holes so I can flush mount the subs?
I'll route your holes //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/naughty.gif.94359f346c0f1259df8038d60b41863e.gif

Awkward ****** jokes aside, cut your first hole just a tad bigger (like 1/16") than the outside diameter of the sub, then the second hole the size of the cutout dimension.

I say just use a jig like this with a flat bottom bit and cut out your center ring then outside or visa versa. Your router should have a depth adjustment to take just enough of each baffel.

B8105833-orig_zpsdd3a1451.jpg

yep, if you have a plunge router, and a proper bit, and you haven't cut any holes yet - you can use the router to cut two holes. the first will be through the top layer and the outer dimension of the basket. once that is cut you set the router for the cutout dimension of the woofer and make those passes. the result will be a flush mounted woofer.

Generally speaking though MUCH easier to cut the holes if you haven't mounted the baffles yet //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/biggrin.gif.d71a5d36fcbab170f2364c9f2e3946cb.gif If your only doing a single cutout it's a non issue, but when it's a double baffle and I want to flush mount (always for me), then I cut first then put them in place.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.