Cutout too big? Fix?

Thanks a lot fellas!

I'm going to try and use some thick foam weather stripping and tapping it on with some Gorilla tape. I know the baffles would indeed be best, but I want to try to keep the "stock" asethics of the box before I really go to work on it if I have to.

The total difference in circumference of each cutout is no more than 1/4." Not too bad...

Depending on the box design, you could "double layer" the front board with the driver mounted in it. Cut the hole to the correct size, and then glue/screw the new board over the original. You will have a proper fit and seal, plus add a great deal of strength to the box.

Depending on the box design, you could "double layer" the front board with the driver mounted in it. Cut the hole to the correct size, and then glue/screw the new board over the original. You will have a proper fit and seal, plus add a great deal of strength to the box.
^Only way to go. I would not use duct tape.

I got it fixed!

All I did was get some foam weather stripping from Lowes, cut it to 3/4", and layed it around the inside edge of the cutout. Then I used some Gorilla tape to hold it down. Put the subs back in, and then cut the remaining tape away so you can't even see it.

I have to say it worked great! The subs fit extremely tight now, and no leakage at all.

^^^ don't listen to this fool, duct tape adds mad deebeez...no matter how/where it's used
What about Gorilla tape? Gorilla in my trunk? Yeah!!! I'm not ****'n though...I think I did add dbs from killing the air leakage.

It Puts The Duct Tape On Its Skin
//content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/hilarious.gif.02a037aad04aa96f19982b298a3d70a8.gif

Unless its specific subwoofer duct tape, then yes.
Gorilla tape...King Kong in da trunk!

start over, ive never let a box escape my possession with out the sub fitting right
I don't want to. Or rather I don't want my buddy to have to build this again:

DSCN1524-1.jpg

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.