custom sweeps & test tones

JonnyBlaze
10+ year member

anyone ever use a pc program to make test tones and sweeps? i been playing around with some all morning. my system isnt done so i can really hear the effects. my pc speakers dont handle low bass at all. if anyone wants a sweep or tone of any frequency, let me know and ill send you a .wav of it.

i just made one that drops from 45 to 20 in 2 seconds, stays theres for 2 more seconds then "wobbles" back up to 45, then i added a sweep from 20 to 45 with a 10 to 22 sweep at -3db at the same time. i can imagine it would rumble in the right system.

JB

i would like one between 40-60 hz and play a little of all hz ranges inbetween. maybe starts at 60 then slowly dips to 40 and back up to 60. I would deffinately like to know what program you are using.

Don't worry about it i found one, i also have an unlimited email acount set up by me. But it is little confusing i don't know exactly what to do to generate a tone. Can you give a crash course

I HAVE THE ULTIMATE SOULTION FOR SWEEPS AND TEST TONES!

I know this sounds like an advertisement for a company im a part of or something, but trust me, im just really loving this program. Its surprisingly small, AMAZINGLY SIMPLE, and it works great, nothing too hard, play around on it it takes a little while to adjust (like 20 minutes, for me it did anyways) but once you know it its as easy as saying the word "a".

Enough with the sales pitch hahahaha,

go to www.download.com

type in the search area "nch tone generator"

as soon as it pops up just hit the download button

the rest you guys should be able to figure out. and the way to record these tracks you make is by downloading one of these "recording programs" that works with your compy to record anything that goes to your speaker out jack. have fun, you'll be surprised how sweet this program is.

nch tone generator does fine..

only produces material at 700 bitrate...

normal 'cd' quality bitrate is 1411..

the result? compression is bad..

if you're using a burnt tone disc is SPL... with this generator.. .7 db loss.. over a professionally made disc

been there... tried it..

Loyd L.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.