Custom or Prefab for me

Participant count
  • Participant list

woody89
10+ year member

Boing Yoing
I just want something for everyday driving so im not really picky about what I have to start out with for my first system. Im leaning to a prefad ported box to just get me by with for a while. I don't plan on having the perfect system. Would this seem alright?

im against buying a prefab box, but if i did it wouldn't be ported, because most of the prefab ported boxes i've seen are tuned really high..........what kind of a budget are u on?

ported box ftw. pm me //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/smile.gif.1ebc41e1811405b213edfc4622c41e27.gif

What kind of gear do you have? If you didn't feel like taking the time and building a custom one or paying for one to be made, you'd most likely be fine with a prefab, otherwise I would go custom for sure.

it is my strong belief that you cannot extract all of a driver's potential with a bad box. good example: a literal friend of a friend (i don't even know his name) is running a mtx 9515 in a prefab ported box in a durango. apparently he read somwhere like 136 or something on the tl. he asked my friend who then asked me to design him an enclosure. after looking at the specs of the prefab, it was literally tuned to 53 hz, and the kid wondered why he wasn't getting any low end extension. we modeled up a design for it that was something like 3.5 at 32, and he now does a solid 141 on the tl off 1000 watts (same amp as before).

What kind of gear do you have? If you didn't feel like taking the time and building a custom one or paying for one to be made, you'd most likely be fine with a prefab, otherwise I would go custom for sure.
Two Alpine Type R 1022D 10"

Probally gonna go with a Kenwood Kac-9102D amp. I know it will be under powered some but it should suit me for now.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.