• Thread starter Unregistered
  • Start date
  • Replies 4
  • Views 652
    Participant count
  • Participant list
U

Unregistered

Does anyone have a box in their jeep cherokee that looks like this? I am getting ready to install something like this in a friend of mine's car and want to see if it sounded ok... or if there was anything that you would do different.

this box is designed to mount on the passenger side of the trunk right behind the seat, over the tire well. I have not been able to measure the tire well accurately so please be forgiving on where the tire hump would actually be. The top part is for the amp... which will be covered dark plexiglass. Somehow i will try and get a small computer fan in there and maybe a light or something....

Very interesting enclosure. Almost of the likes of MTX thunderforms or JL Stealthboxes. I have heard a few of these type of enclosures- with a few different woofers, and surprisingly enough, they seem to be quite efficient. So long as there is sufficient room behind the sub along the middle ridge of the enclosure, you should have a quality enclosure.

take it easy,

-zane

thanks zane, i was hoping you would click on this page. yea, thats one of the problems with not having the jeep here. i guess i could go measure someone else's. The distance you are talking about should be almost 10"... but its hard to say with that wheel hump in the way. Most people try to install it in that little pocket before you get to the wheel well but i'm going to leave that open for possibly a X-over or CD changer... don't want to fill it it up yet. Who knows, there may be another sub in there one day. I'm planning on it being big/small enough to hold maybe an Alpine Type-R or Type-S... Not looking for real pounding bass, but good sound quality. Although, I want it to impress people when they hear it thump.

It all depends on what I could get a deal on.... Any recommendations... sub-wise or enclosure-wise?

Gonna have to reccomend the Adire Audio Shiva once again.........

Great all arround SQ and SPL capabilities, and at a very respectable price of $125.00 each.

have a look---->

http://www.adireaudio.com

BTW- what is the name of the software you used to create the pic you posted above?

I used to have soemthing like that called BoxPro 2.0 however, have not been able to locate any good modeling software to create images like those above.

That software would be a great utility to reference on this site.

thanks and have a good one!

-zane

Hey, i finally got a user name! I am the same person who started the thread. I used a program that i got for free off of download.com... it is called VariCAD. I recommend it but there are probably other programs out there that would do this better. This program is very powerful and it takes a while to understand... but it is a good program. The trial is going to run out in 2 weeks so I want to get the thing finalized by then... or find a program crack for it //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/biggrin.gif.d71a5d36fcbab170f2364c9f2e3946cb.gif

thanks for the input... those Adire audio subs look cool... although i've never heard them or of them.

Thanks guys!

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.