custom interior work

how exactly would i paint a plasic piece like that? is clear just something that goes over the paintmaking it glossy lookin? does it look professional with em painted or can u tell it was just spray paint?

how exactly would i paint a plasic piece like that? is clear just something that goes over the paintmaking it glossy lookin? does it look professional with em painted or can u tell it was just spray paint?
If you do it properly with "good" paint, it will look professional. Sanding and the prep work is key.

Clear coat goes over the paint to make it look glossy, yes, and does offer some form of protection.

- Steve

yeah the inside of my car looks great it doesnt look shitty at all looks like it just "flows" with the rest. Like i said the prep is the key for anything for paint reguardless of what it is car house etc....

Why do people **** on rice? I drive an 91 acura integra, great great car, excellent car i love it never had a problem with it its got 220,000k or 143000 miles. It drives amazing, i guess people that dis these cars must be jealous? They are excellent, fast great handling and look decent.

I used to drive a 2002 cavalier z24 as well as a 2000 cavalier z24 both black and stick and so far my acura hasn't broken down like the cavs, and my acura stomped both of those cavs in a acceleration race to 100k.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Now about the painting of interior. I did some panels of mine white, i went to crappy tire and bought white vinhyl paint, specially for interiors. I did like 6 coats and it came out great!

Only problem is it chips so easily :/ Its terrible.

Is it best to sand down first, then prime it with a few coats, then paint a bunch of coats and then clear coat?

I found some epoxy based paint at the hardware store anyone know anything about that?

TIm

i clean my first with some enamel cleaner to get all of the protective sprays and all of that its expensive tho about 15 a gallon. After that i sanded it down then clean it again. I didnt use a primer but it would hurt for you to use it. After primer get a scuff pad (spelling) and sand out any runs if you have any within the primer (dam its hard to run primer too). But make sure it is DRY before doing this and applying a second coat. Then move onto the color then clear it a couple times and your set. Hope this helps

how well does yours hold up to abuse? Min you barely touch it and you can scratch the paint off it.. (my test one)

Im new to painting so. What kind of sand paper do you use? and how mayn coats of primer and paint should i use? And the clear coat holds up againt abuse?

Tim

I dunno about intergra's (even a type R) being able to beat an american muscle to whatever speed in a straight line, but it handles beautifully. To me, the intergra type R is THE front-wheel drive car to have.

Mines fine it wont mark it unless you get a razor blade and cut into it. Sand paper i just used some old 220 gritt that i used on my car to sand that my dad painted. Just use it to scuff it up for the paint to have something to "grab to". Primer use one or two. Regular i did up to 7 coats. Clear coats 2 at the least. Then just keep on going until you have the look you want. Clear coat can hold up to abuse. Sorry it took so long to reply.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.