Custom Built Ported Box + Eclipse Titanum = BOOM (PICS INCLUDED)

I agree that the port looks smalll but whatever floats your boat. Other than that looks nice man, im still pondering what sub to buy //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/frown.gif.a3531fa0534503350665a1e957861287.gif-Mike
Is it possible that this sub functions in different environments than a traditional sub? I mean, when was the last time you saw a big 12, like this, work nicely in a 1cuft enclosure (.8 after displacement)? Maybe this sub is designed to work in enclosures 1/2 or 1/3 the size you would expect it would take, and maybe the port is the same way. Is this possible for a sub to act like this? Everyone keep saying "2.0 cuft tuned to 30hz would have been better." Well maybe for an eD A, XXX or w7, but don't I had a different sub that may fuction differently than those!?!?

Or am I way off base? (can someone please help confirm or deny my numbers)

Oops, forgot to post the link, here it is...
http://eclipse-car.freeyellow.com/Sub12.jpg
That Enclosure is 3.7cuft - .19 displacement and ~ .10 port = 3.4 cu ft. Thats higher than the vas of the sub, which I don't think would sound very good.

Doesn't eclipse recoment not using ported boxes.
In the documentation it does not recommend any type or size of enclosure. All they give you is the tiele/small parameters and leave the rest up to you. But with an FS of 27hz it can be used in either a ported or sealed enclosure.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.