Custom box design for a pair of SA15's needed

Participant count
  • Participant list

West1
10+ year member

Senior VIP Member
I'm looking to get a custom box.

I can gather dimensions or space available. My biggest concern is how to get a 6-8ft^2 box through a Nissan Frontier rear door.

Id like to use the rear view window so a tall this box is not my ideal vision.

Price for a design please.

Tyvm

Def take max measurements. I think those Frontiers have a pretty big ext cab...moreso a king cab. My s10 has an ext cab which is much smaller.

Def take max measurements. I think those Frontiers have a pretty big ext cab...moreso a king cab. My s10 has an ext cab which is much smaller.
Yes they are pretty spacious. Getting a box in is where I fear my box size.

Is it not recommended to piece the box together inside, Maybe 2-4 sections?

Or would STACKING 2 separate boxes be better?

Not without a dremel //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/laugh.gif.48439b2acf2cfca21620f01e7f77d1e4.gif
Ha...man that *****. Mine does but tryin' not to brag either. Perhaps removing both seats will make it easier to get the enclosure inside. I would not recommend building inside the cab area as that's a tight area and may be a pita to get into areas to screw together the enclosure.

Ha...man that *****. Mine does but tryin' not to brag either. Perhaps removing both seats will make it easier to get the enclosure inside. I would not recommend building inside the cab area as that's a tight area and may be a pita to get into areas to screw together the enclosure.
Rear seats were tossed about 9 months ago //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/smile.gif.1ebc41e1811405b213edfc4622c41e27.gif

Currently have one x10 but I want a bigger thump.

Single X 15 will give ya some thump
Then I would need to upgrade my amp (FSD2600). Im trying to stay within means without having to drop more and more into this limitless money pit lol.

I'd love to go big and crazy loud but at 37, I think im done trying to go deaf lol.

A set of Sa-15's on that FSD amp should be just about perfect... what's the available space or what will go thru the front with the seats out?

A set of Sa-15's on that FSD amp should be just about perfect... what's the available space or what will go thru the front with the seats out?
Ballpark space based on current x10 box is... 49" x 28" x 30" tall (I need to measure for hard numbers once I get off work).

I was recommended 2 sa15's for this amp. If I can't fit this box through the door space, I'll likely go with one Sundown u-15 (half the box size of sa15's).

So up to 30" tall x 48"wide x 28"deep?.. wow... yeah... I'd recheck it... that's 20ft3 to work with... how about the same width up to the window line and 17"-18" deep?... whats the height to the window line after the false floor?

So up to 30" tall x 48"wide x 28"deep?.. wow... yeah... I'd recheck it... that's 20ft3 to work with... how about the same width up to the window line and 17"-18" deep?... whats the height to the window line after the false floor?
These are just ballpark numbers for space. Give me 45 min and I'll take measurements after the false floor.

Last edited by a moderator:
Looking at space and to recline comfortably, 53" x 22" deep (license place to license plate) x 20" tall. I'd like an octoport and subs firing forward as low to the box floor as possible.

Kid like to try and avoid my chair touching the top of the sub.

Pair of sa15 or one sundown u-15.

I'm to lazy to relocate battery and this eats up 8" of possible depth (license plate to license plate).

Looking at space and to recline comfortably, 53" x 22" deep (license place to license plate) x 20" tall. I'd like an octoport and subs firing forward as low to the box floor as possible.
Kid like to try and avoid my chair touching the top of the sub.

Pair of sa15 or one sundown u-15.

I'm to lazy to relocate battery and this eats up 8" of possible depth (license plate to license plate).
Lol... Personally I'd use an aero for all the work that octoport is gonna be, plus an aero is more efficient.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.