CT Sounds 1400.1 VS Digital Designs M1C?

I've had 2 AT1200.1 CT900.1 1400.1 & 2200.1 along with a 125.2. Never any issues. I must have very very good luck. The 125.2 has been used close to a year everyday without any problems at all. I've seen a few DD Z amps go up in smoke for no reason when they first came out. So is that the better amp company to choose from ?
DD Z amps probably failed because they were new, and did not have as much real world testing. New products have failures, it happens. There's a reason that different years of the same body-style cars are different. People use them, and the weak-links break down. The company gets warranty returns, and fixes the problem for the next production.

So which is the better buy here ? Ford or Honda lol I gotta hear this
Honda. Ford is for inbreeds

I've had 3 CT 1400.1s, a 500.1, 750.1, 900.1, AT 1200.1, and a 2200.1
**** Im one lucky SOB
If I paypal you some money, can you buy me a lottery ticket?!?! Lol

Why even bother with this. Say what you wanna say. I'm running a CT2200.1 now and not issues with that amp either, maybe I'm just lucky maybe the issues were fixed.
I don't know if the issues have been addressed because I dropped the line some months ago and started doing research. All of the large chassis amps, mostly known as the CT chassis, are plagued with vibration problems because there is no vibration damping in the center of the boards where there is supposed to be. The boards were designed for it and they're manufactured with holes in them for posts and rubber mounts but none of the CT amps I've seen have had them in them.

The affected bass amps are the 2200.1, 3000.1, 4000.1 and 7000.1. I also suspect that the 125.4 doesn't have them but I don't have one in my hands right now to confirm that. I will, however, have one in my hands by week's end. To date I have two 3Ks and two 2.2Ks (the amp you're running) that have gone up in smoke from this manufacturing omission.

I'll drop a link here to a short video I did on the subject but I also plan to make a thread about it and go into a bit more detail as I find out more.

I don't know if the issues have been addressed because I dropped the line some months ago and started doing research. All of the large chassis amps, mostly known as the CT chassis, are plagued with vibration problems because there is no vibration damping in the center of the boards where there is supposed to be. The boards were designed for it and they're manufactured with holes in them for posts and rubber mounts but none of the CT amps I've seen have had them in them.
The affected bass amps are the 2200.1, 3000.1, 4000.1 and 7000.1. I also suspect that the 125.4 doesn't have them but I don't have one in my hands right now to confirm that. I will, however, have one in my hands by week's end. To date I have two 3Ks and two 2.2Ks (the amp you're running) that have gone up in smoke from this manufacturing omission.

I'll drop a link here to a short video I did on the subject but I also plan to make a thread about it and go into a bit more detail as I find out more.

Thank you for sharing. Interesting topic for sure

Appreciate the write up. If it goes up in smoke, I'll be on the hunt for another amp to buy. Been looking at the VFL line lately.

Good choice with going dd, I wish I paid attention to the threads about CT before I bought mine. I had a 2200 caught fire about halfway through the first song it played. I then received two 1400s for the problem and they both popped. Then I had to deal with the company giving me the ring around for 6 months before Coleman finally admitted the amps were at fault. Still no cash refund though. Which is what I wanted.

Yeah, halfway through the song the amp popped and a puff a smoke then a fire started to poke out. Wasn't mounted to the box even, just hooked it up to test lol. Scared the hell out of me.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.