Crystal CMP 12

Sorry to revive an old thread, but need to see the basket. If it's a 4 spoke basket, it's a CMP, rated at 600 watts. If it's the more current 12 spoke basket it's rated at 1000 watts. The CMPx2 & COMPx2 subwoofers were dual voice coil with double stack magnets.

I have a car stereo review magazine in the garage where one article states the CMP was the loudest subwoofer in the world and then another article where the Audiomobile MASS top it, making IT the loudest.

Sorry to revive an old thread, but need to see the basket. If it's a 4 spoke basket, it's a CMP, rated at 600 watts. If it's the more current 12 spoke basket it's rated at 1000 watts. The CMPx2 & COMPx2 subwoofers were dual voice coil with double stack magnets.
I have a car stereo review magazine in the garage where one article states the CMP was the loudest subwoofer in the world and then another article where the Audiomobile MASS top it, making IT the loudest.
He already said they are single voice coil...

I got 3 comp 10's single 4 ohm,rated @600wrms. They are 12 spoke baskets. Getting ready to recone all 3 and make them d2's with 4 layer al coils.

The CMPx2 said "CMPx2" on the dustcap, which is the easiest way to see that those are not the x2 model.

There are two generations of CMP subwoofers. If it's named CMP and/or CMPx2 it has a 4 spoke basket with 600 watt rating (for the CMP 12). The COMP and/or COMPx2 is a newer version with a 12 spoke basket that has higher power handling.

CMP/CMPx2 - 4 spoke basket - older, lower power handling

COMP/COMPx2 - 12 spoke basket - newer, higher power handling

When did anyone ever take Car Stereo Review seriously?

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

About this thread

des343

10+ year member
CarAudio.com Elite
des343
Kalamazoo, MI
Start date
Participants
Who Replied
Replies
Views
Last reply date