Crystal CMP 12

des343
10+ year member

CarAudio.com Elite
i have two of these does anyone know anything about them? i have about 950 watts going into 2 of them and im not sure if i should be impressed or get more power to them

they arnt all that but are AWESOME quality im just wondering if i need more power to really hear these things

If they are 700 RMS each and you're running 950 RMS then you definitely have room for more power. Put around 1500 watts to them and you should be happier.

Also what amp are you using? Your amp itself might not even be putting out rated power.

they are listed as 700 RMS.
You sure about that? The CMP10 is rated for 1000wrms.

Here are T/S specs on the CMP12:

# Fs 28.6 Hz # QMs 5.9

# VAS 2.68 cu ft / 75.9 Liters

# CMs 74.61 in / lb / .207 mm / N

# MMd 5.04 oz / 143 Grams

# Xmax .55 in / 14 mm

# Qes .37

# Re 3.3 Ohms

# Z 4.0 Ohms

# BL 15.4

# Power Handling 1000 Watts RMS

# Qts .35

# SPL 88.6 dB

# Voice Coil Diameter 3.0"

# Displacement .13 cu ft

# Mounting Depth 7 3/8"

I havent looked at Crystal's website, but the confusion/differences in rated power may be coming from the fact that Crystal released a CMPx2 later that, iirc, was rated for a bit more power than the original CMP's.

If anyone here remembers when the CMP was a current model, that was back in the day when everyone was comparing the Alumapro Alchemy versus SoundStream Exact versus Crystal CMP in the 'which is the best SQ sub available' threads. The PPI Pro was also a big contender in the SQ discussions. That was also when the Stroker was considered the top dog SPL driver, and the GZ Nuke was the all around favored ground pounder sub. Was also when the W7 and IDMax were rumored to be on the horizon. Those 7 or 8 subs pretty much dominated the subwoofer section of every car audio forum. Good times.

I havent looked at Crystal's website, but the confusion/differences in rated power may be coming from the fact that Crystal released a CMPx2 later that, iirc, was rated for a bit more power than the original CMP's.
If anyone here remembers when the CMP was a current model, that was back in the day when everyone was comparing the Alumapro Alchemy versus SoundStream Exact versus Crystal CMP in the 'which is the best SQ sub available' threads. The PPI Pro was also a big contender in the SQ discussions. That was also when the Stroker was considered the top dog SPL driver, and the GZ Nuke was the all around favored ground pounder sub. Was also when the W7 and IDMax were rumored to be on the horizon. Those 7 or 8 subs pretty much dominated the subwoofer section of every car audio forum. Good times.
Thanks for that stroll. //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/smile.gif.1ebc41e1811405b213edfc4622c41e27.gif

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

About this thread

des343

10+ year member
CarAudio.com Elite
des343
Kalamazoo, MI
Start date
Participants
Who Replied
Replies
Views
Last reply date