Crushed dust cone

junocdx
10+ year member

Senior VIP Member
AR
My friend put my subs in his truck to see how they sounded the other day. When he took them out, he dented both dust caps. Is there any way I can pull those back out and have them round again?

Originally posted by junocdx My friend put my subs in his truck to see how they sounded the other day. When he took them out, he dented both dust caps. Is there any way I can pull those back out and have them round again?
that's why inverted dustcaps seem to be a better choice.

Erm, what if you can put a long thin (non metal with a blunt tip) wire at the bottom plate of the magnet, the voicecoil vent? WIth subwoofer cutout diagrams, I don't remember seeing anything that hampers air travel from the bottom vent to the dustcap.

I dunno, it's only a suggestion.

To me, the dustcaps aren't that important so long as they protect the VC's.

try a pencil (eraser side first! use your head!) up the pole vent...

you can also try tape on the dustcone... stickit on, and pull it out gently... not duct tape tho, it can rip the cone depending on what material its made of

Originally posted by Wonderbread try a pencil (eraser side first! use your head!) up the pole vent...

you can also try tape on the dustcone... stickit on, and pull it out gently... not duct tape tho, it can rip the cone depending on what material its made of

One problem though..............some pole pieces, have screens on them thus preventing any entry.

J

Originally posted by Corsica One problem though..............some pole pieces, have screens on them thus preventing any entry.

J
well then jordan, use your head... one suggestion doesnt work, move down the list.. //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/wink.gif.608e3ea05f1a9f98611af0861652f8fb.gif

i need to talk to you on AIM.... or PM, something, message me

Put your hand on the cone to hold it in place and use a vacuum cleaner to pull out the dent. Worked perfectly on a couple 5-1/4"'s I had. Be careful not to yank on the entire cone, or rip the dust cap off (they're usually just glued on). It don't need a very powerful vacuum.

if its not jammed in too bad then you can usually just take your flct edge of your nail (or tip of finger) and push torwards the center of the dent....otherwsie....try something else lol

-pat

my friend had the same thing happn to him with his elemental ks.... he used a toilet plunger... and wutduya know.... it workd!

//content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/biggrin.gif.d71a5d36fcbab170f2364c9f2e3946cb.gif

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.