Crossfire Gurus I need your help

ATOMICxTomato
10+ year member

Hey guys i just bought a crossfire vr4000d off of craigslist about 2 days ago, unfortunately i should have tested it before buying it. So i hooked it up today to my to 2 12s, dual 2, at 2 ohms but as soon as i started the car, the amp turned on and started to go in and out of protect mode. Basically the power light would flash, then the protect mode light would flash, and keep on going back and fourth. Along with that the interior lights of my car started dimming then getting brighter then dim again. The amp wasn't producing any power so the subs were not playing but the amp did get hot. Any one know what could be wrong?

Cant fix those anymore, I had one a while back, Roger at crossfire told me they discontinued some of the parts that where use in them, its a paperweight :-(

//content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/frown.gif.a3531fa0534503350665a1e957861287.gif....dam this *****. I was trying to get a refund but the Guy doesn't want to. He is local and is offering to try and help fix the situation but I honestly don't know what I could do. Maybe get some money back then sell it for parts to get my money back or find another broke one I could use the parts from

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.