• Participant list
&

<Thumper>

I've kind of settled on a selection to buy:

- 1 Kicker Solobaric XS12L7

- 1 Kicker DX350 Amp

- 1 Pioneer DEH-P7300

--------

I've read about Infinity perfects. Heard a lot about them breaking though, Kickers are stitched not glued, I like that. I'm just looking for a good sound. Not brain rattling, but enough to feel it when I'm in the mood. I am picky about the quality though, I don't want rattling bass at low levels, and I want smooth transitions.

My Amp is a D class, so it's power efficient. You think that's enough to power the 12? Or should I step up to the 700 D class? Or maybe a whole different amp?

Advice on boxes would be nice too. I've heard ported might be better for the Kicker solo 12's.

Anyways, that's it. Fire away with your wealth of knowledge. I wanna hear it.

Good choices. The L7's are really power hungry though so you may want to step up to the dx700.

Throw that sucker in a medium ported box tuned to somewhere around 35hz. And I think you will be very happy with your choices.

Alright, the DX700 is just a bit out of my price range. What are other high quality amps that won't dent my wallet so much? If there isn't any, tell me that too. I don't want to sacrifice quality for cost...I'll find the money.

Guy at a store recommended Xtant amps..any good?

Whatever, What would you recommend to power the Kicker Solo L7 12s at 4 Ohms?

Originally posted by :Alright, the DX700 is just a bit out of my price range. What are other high quality amps that won't dent my wallet so much? If there isn't any, tell me that too. I don't want to sacrifice quality for cost...I'll find the money.

Guy at a store recommended Xtant amps..any good?

Whatever, What would you recommend to power the Kicker Solo L7 12s at 4 Ohms?
Yeah xtant is good. But around my area they are expensive as hell.

You might also want to check out the JBL power class d Amps. They are good quality,very reliable, and best of all very affordable.

the solos are more spl then quality, in terms of the infinity perfects i'd rather have alpine type r's. the quality is incredible

in terms of an amp, xtant racks up their on the price scale. i have an x1001 for my 2 type r 15", and x604 for my infinity kappa's in front and kappa perfect's in rear

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.