critique my possible setup.

Alt

I have a 2005 Mustang GT. It was done as a custom order so I picked the lowest system knowing I would go after market. Now I'm looking for a great all around system.

I listen to all types of music such as: metal, rap, techno, rock etc. So I need a balanced system. I'm going for something that sounds great inside, not out. I epically don't want it to sound like my cars frame is falling off each time bass hits.

Goal is to keep it around 1500. I can go over, but I'd rather not.

Here is what I have so far, this part is pretty much set:

Headunit: Alpine CDA-9851 - $224.00

Sub: 110v.2 607.75 (sub and amps and edead)

Amp for speakers: nine.4

Amp for Sub: nine.2 part w/ edead v1se 60sq

Total: 831.75

Now you may have noticed the speakers weren't included. Well thats because I'm kind of stuck.

I was thinking front and back should be Boston SL80 but that’s 600 dollars so yeah I don't know if I want to do that. Any ideas? Rest of the system look ok?

Back speakers arnt that important, just usualy used for some fill, especialy when you have an f-body like that stang is, (i guess they still use f-bodys..?) Not a big fix or repair daily fan... but anyway, you want to invest in some good comps up front, and leave the rears alone.

I've heard good things about the eu-6500's if you want to keep the eD theme going.

Could do those and a set of eu-700's for midbass and run them both off of the niNe.4

sounds good to me. why not get a 9.1 for the sub and use the 9.2 to run a set of components? have you thought about what type of box you'll use? i would run 6.5 comps up front with no rearfill.

Don't use rear speakers. If you just use shitty ones it will make your whole system sound like crap because you will hear them before the front ones. Just go with a nice set of components up front.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.