Crisp speakers

Participant count
  • Participant list

boomzabit
10+ year member

CarAudio.com Elite
Minnesota
I am replacing my 5.25's and my 6x9's, a kid wants to buy my kicker dx's.

I am want something better then those were, but i want to git them off ebay, i dont have much money to boot for the new speakers.

I am thinking either the new kickers, alpines, infinitys, mb quart ( i hear they are good never heard them tho ) i mostly want the 6x9's to sound the best. I was thinking the kicker speakers will the rubber ribbed sorround would be nice for crisp sound but what do you guys think ?

I am replacing my 5.25's and my 6x9's, a kid wants to buy my kicker dx's.
I am want something better then those were, but i want to git them off ebay, i dont have much money to boot for the new speakers.

I am thinking either the new kickers, alpines, infinitys, mb quart ( i hear they are good never heard them tho ) i mostly want the 6x9's to sound the best. I was thinking the kicker speakers will the rubber ribbed sorround would be nice for crisp sound but what do you guys think ?
You never, ever, EVER want to make a 6x9 your primary. Sound was never meant to be reproduced through a football, but through a conse you will find in a round speaker.

And secondly, if the 5.25 are what you have in front, place all of your focus on THOSE. Your rearfill is just that - rearfill. Most people here don't even have speakers in the rear.

My brother made the same mistake you did by making his rear 6x9s his primary...it sounds as though all of the music is coming from the rear.

You don't turn your back to a concert when you are there, do you?

i havent heard a comp set sound as clear as my rainbows. sound very clean. and i got em for 105.
Have you HEARD the Iridiums?

I have Rainbow in the rear, Arc Audio in the front (same as Rainbows), and still regret not putting that money into the 8.3s.

i have never heard them, i was very serious about putting 6.5's in the rear deck with one of those custom speaker adapters to convert my 6x9's to 6.5's but i read soem reveiws on those things and guys said they rattle like crazy, so thats no good. I want to speand around 50 on the 5.25's and about 70-80 for soem 6x9's, i will spend extra if it is only a few more bucks for a better speaker. I have an ALPINE 9831 someone also needs to walk me through the crossover ive tried to set it but i still get bass coming from my speakers

i havent heard a comp set sound as clear as my rainbows. sound very clean. and i got em for 105.
SHHHHHH!! SHut up!!! LET IT DIE!!! //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/biggrin.gif.d71a5d36fcbab170f2364c9f2e3946cb.gif//content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/wink.gif.608e3ea05f1a9f98611af0861652f8fb.gif

but yea back on topic...

i htink hes lookin for coaxials. umm get a pair of CDT CL-5X coaxials for the front got mine for my friends ride for $48, and i dont know any good 6x9s. Just shop around and take advantage of best price offers *hint**hint*

Have you HEARD the Iridiums?
I have Rainbow in the rear, Arc Audio in the front (same as Rainbows), and still regret not putting that money into the 8.3s.
nope i havent, i havent met anyone that had em in. just a coulpe people that used to then got rid of em because they got outta car audio. I really wanna hear em but nooen has em:(.But the iraidums must sound **** good to make the rainbows rear fill. becasue when i put my slc 265's in i was just amazed.

SHHHHHH!! SHut up!!! LET IT DIE!!! //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/biggrin.gif.d71a5d36fcbab170f2364c9f2e3946cb.gif//content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/wink.gif.608e3ea05f1a9f98611af0861652f8fb.gif
but yea back on topic...

i htink hes lookin for coaxials. umm get a pair of CDT CL-5X coaxials for the front got mine for my friends ride for $48, and i dont know any good 6x9s. Just shop around and take advantage of best price offers *hint**hint*

yes i am looking for coaxials, i hear good things about the CDT's but i sorta wanted my 6x9's to match up with the 5.25's, some of the CDT's come in funky colors i am looking for somehting that is all black or silver like the infinity's,

Alpine type R's

NEW kicker DS's or K's or whatever the new ones are,

or the higher end infinity's

MB Quarts are still the running too i guess pending on price

^ These are the easest ones to find off of ebay and are good priced too, Does CDT makes 6x9's by any chance.

Have you HEARD the Iridiums?I have Rainbow in the rear, Arc Audio in the front (same as Rainbows), and still regret not putting that money into the 8.3s.
nope i havent, i havent met anyone that had em in. just a coulpe people that used to then got rid of em because they got outta car audio. I really wanna hear em but nooen has em:(.But the iraidums must sound **** good to make the rainbows rear fill. becasue when i put my slc 265's in i was just amazed.

well yea comparing the DLS Irridiums to the SLCs is like comparing the C6's to the Profi van line

yes i am looking for coaxials, i hear good things about the CDT's but i sorta wanted my 6x9's to match up with the 5.25's, some of the CDT's come in funky colors i am looking for somehting that is all black or silver like the infinity's,
Alpine type R's

NEW kicker DS's or K's or whatever the new ones are,

or the higher end infinity's

MB Quarts are still the running too i guess pending on price

^ These are the easest ones to find off of ebay and are good priced too, Does CDT makes 6x9's by any chance.
check out crystal. i personally havent heard them, but i heard they were pretty good.

http://www.uscaraudio.com/cgi-bin/usstore.cgi?user_action=detail&catalogno=CXE510

or if you want the crossover version 10 bucks more than your limit: http://www.uscaraudio.com/cgi-bin/usstore.cgi?user_action=detail&catalogno=CSX510

hereare the 6x9's

http://www.uscaraudio.com/cgi-bin/usstore.cgi?user_action=detail&catalogno=CXE693

1. Older kicker k693's 3 way series 90wRMS 180w peak RIBBED SORROUND

2. New kicker DS693's 3 way series 70wRMS 140w peak RIBBED SORROUND

3.ALPINE type r 2 way 55w RMS 275w peak

4.ALPINE type s 3 way 50w RMS and 250 peak

Tell me what ya think, these are all around the price i want to spend

my dad has some 4x10 kicker ks in his burban sounds pretty good. thats all ive heard of those you posted. hehe ribbed surround it says "ribbed"

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.