Crescendo UN-65 6.5 and FT1 Tweeters..??

Participant count
  • Participant list
There is better for the money. Rebuilding them was a huge PITA. Never lasted long even on low clean power with crossover at 5k. Replacement diaphragms are never in stock.
I recommend Mclaren or PRV for super tweeters.

I have 2 black FT1s somewhere that I don't want but don't even want to bother with selling.
try crossing them even higher like 8khz to 10khz. I find 5khz crossover point is junk on super tweets. They have way too much of a peak 5khz to 8khz. With a higher crossover point you can actually put more power and they handle everything and truely tame the harsh peaks.

A pair of 30 rms alphard super tweets handles two channels of an alphard 200.4 easy and has head room for more loudness as well and sounds miles better like "holy crap this can actually score decently in MECA SQ!!" better. dont even have to cut any frequencies on the EQ either. its naturally subdued and smoothened out sounds basically like a well built aluminium dome tweeter or a high output silk dome.

at 5khz crossover point no matter how its setup, EQ'd or slope changes, or speaker positioning.... super tweets always sounded like garbage

try crossing them even higher like 8khz to 10khz. I find 5khz crossover point is junk on super tweets. They have way too much of a peak 5khz to 8khz. With a higher crossover point you can actually put more power and they handle everything and truely tame the harsh peaks.

A pair of 30 rms alphard super tweets handles two channels of an alphard 200.4 easy and has head room for more loudness as well and sounds miles better like "holy crap this can actually score decently in MECA SQ!!" better. dont even have to cut any frequencies on the EQ either. its naturally subdued and smoothened out sounds basically like a well built aluminium dome tweeter or a high output silk dome.

at 5khz crossover point no matter how its setup, EQ'd or slope changes, or speaker positioning.... super tweets always sounded like garbage
I was gonna go with Alphard Audio but decided to go with crescendo due to more support here in the US. Figured id also be able to get more feedback from more people who are running crescendo too.

I was gonna go with Alphard Audio but decided to go with crescendo due to more support here in the US. Figured id also be able to get more feedback from more people who are running crescendo too.
All supertweets sound basically the same. Garbage unless you heavily tune it.

silk domes any day of the week. Basically ANYTHING but super tweets I already said this earlier..... and this sh*t is repeating over and over.....
I thank you for your input, but saying "anything" other then super tweets doesn't help! I'm trying to learn here so if you hate the FT1s then suggest another make & model so I can go research them. While silk domes sound great, they just don't play loud enough for me. On the other hand I don't want overly harsh hissing tweets either. People have said hlcds are the way to go but there friggen huge & i can't imagine installing tweets under the dash to be any good for imaging! You mentioned Alphard tweets sounded way better but which?

Thanks again!

I thank you for your input, but saying "anything" other then super tweets doesn't help! I'm trying to learn here so if you hate the FT1s then suggest another make & model so I can go research them. While silk domes sound great, they just don't play loud enough for me. On the other hand I don't want overly harsh hissing tweets either. People have said hlcds are the way to go but there friggen huge & i can't imagine installing tweets under the dash to be any good for imaging! You mentioned Alphard tweets sounded way better but which?
Thanks again!
they are the least harsh super tweets i've heard compared to prv, soundqubed, crescendos so far you can just go on the alphard website and find the super tweet thats rated at 30 rms bud... a lil researching its pretty easy to do.

they are the least harsh super tweets i've heard compared to prv, soundqubed, crescendos so far you can just go on the alphard website and find the super tweet thats rated at 30 rms bud... a lil researching its pretty easy to do.
Trust me I'm doing the research. Research also comes from asking those who are running the equipment I intend to buy. I started with Hertz then went to Faital who was half the cost. Then I talked to someone who had ran the Faitals & said Crescendo crushed them in quality & spl. People can also be opinionated so I take that into account. Ive watched Alphard demos which have been impressive and now I have you saying there tweets crush the FT1s. Admittingly I'm a bit **** on having matching equipment. However I am open to buying different components to get the best sound I can.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

About this thread

SeniorXJ

10+ year member
SeniorXJ
Albany, NY
Start date
Participants
Who Replied
Replies
Views
Last reply date
Last reply from