Crescendo UN-65 6.5 and FT1 Tweeters..??

Participant count
  • Participant list
Get the FI n.7 s cuz I want to know how good they are lol ha ha ! I am thinking of getting those and the super tweets so post what you think of the tweeters when you get them in ?

I loved mine, kept up with a 147db sub stage, ran the uns off 200w and the ft1 with a 4-90 with barely nay gain at all since theyre so dang loud. But were you buying these from? Theyre out of stock and no eta

probably didnt have the proper processing to control them or they just arent up to par SQ wise.

an 80 prs in network mode is the bare minimal head unit i'd use to run super tweets. Or else it'll sound like garbage. I think you got that in. Just to tame the heavy peaks, you should be crossing the tweets up really high and cross the mids low. Even though you think there's a gap in between them, lets say mids crossed at 3.5khz and super tweets at 8khz or 10khz, it'll still have a blend because of how stupid peaky super tweets are.

probably didnt have the proper processing to control them or they just arent up to par SQ wise.
an 80 prs in network mode is the bare minimal head unit i'd use to run super tweets. Or else it'll sound like garbage. I think you got that in. Just to tame the heavy peaks, you should be crossing the tweets up really high and cross the mids low. Even though you think there's a gap in between them, lets say mids crossed at 3.5khz and super tweets at 8khz or 10khz, it'll still have a blend because of how stupid peaky super tweets are.
Yes I have the 80prs & will run them active. Do you have another tweeter to recommend?

There is better for the money. Rebuilding them was a huge PITA. Never lasted long even on low clean power with crossover at 5k. Replacement diaphragms are never in stock.

I recommend Mclaren or PRV for super tweeters.

I have 2 black FT1s somewhere that I don't want but don't even want to bother with selling.

I had 4 UN-10s in my doors. They get stupid loud even on low power. I had issues with my dust caps coming in glued but I think that was just an issue with the first batch of them.

I had 4 UN-10s in my doors. They get stupid loud even on low power. I had issues with my dust caps coming in glued but I think that was just an issue with the first batch of them.
How did you like the FT1 tweeters?

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

About this thread

SeniorXJ

10+ year member
SeniorXJ
Albany, NY
Start date
Participants
Who Replied
Replies
Views
Last reply date
Last reply from