Crescendo s1500.1

J. Dub

I called and spoke with someone @ crescendo on the phone today at 7p.m. EST and he was very helpful and patient with me answering my questions.

I asked if the the remote knob was a bass boost knob he said yes it is but they do not recommend using bass boost at all.

He did say if I turn the bass boost to zero on the amp, it will THEN act as a remote gain knob. Very neat I thought. But I've never heard of any other amp having this ability.

Is this true you think? Anyone heard of any other company doing this?

Could be some new technology they integrated. It acts as a bass boost knob if bass boost is activated. If not, then it converts to a gain knob. Cool idea if so
I almost feel like calling them again and asking them if they're sure. I have never heard of any amp with this capability.

Secondly, why do they even have it on their amp if they say not to use it?

If it helps any, I own this amp and have been loving it. I do not use bass boost at all, it is set at 0. I am not sure if the remote will adjust the boost specifically, but with BB off it does act as a volume knob. Set gains with the knob all of the way up and it you can use it in this fashion.

I called and spoke with someone @ crescendo on the phone today at 7p.m. EST and he was very helpful and patient with me answering my questions. I asked if the the remote knob was a bass boost knob he said yes it is but they do not recommend using bass boost at all.

He did say if I turn the bass boost to zero on the amp, it will THEN act as a remote gain knob. Very neat I thought. But I've never heard of any other amp having this ability.

Is this true you think? Anyone heard of any other company doing this?
Any bass boost knob can be used essentially as a gain knob if gains are set properly. This is likely what he meant.

I have no idea why bass boost is even on amps either, maybe for those songs that have no bass? idk
It's strange to me that the car audio world says do not use it. Yet every company makes an amp that has it. Baffles my mind

I have a bc2000, and I emailed crescendo, and was told the same thing about the remote knob for it. I have also pondered why the put bass boost on the amps, while everyone says not to use it, which I don't, by the way, not on the amp nor the head unit.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

About this thread

J. Dub

J. Dub
Little Rock
Start date
Participants
Who Replied
Replies
Views
Last reply date
Last reply from
LosIsATool