Crazy SPL System People - Can You Still Hear???

Phased Out

NY
I am not into the hardcore super loud booming systems, but this site has been a big help with a basic amped system. I watched through some of the videos on here. I see some real craftsmanship in the pics and videos. But the crazy videos with the shirts blowing like wind are unbelievable.

And guys are sitting inside the cars with these things going. I could never put something like that in my car. I'd be deaf in 6 months.

Can you guys hear??? How do you stand being in a car with the bass that loud???

You'd be surprised, actually. I do not own a system nor have I ever owned one that could hold a shirt in the air on it's own; so take my word for what it's worth.

But from a factual standpoint, the frequencies you're going to be exposed to at these levels typically vary between 20 and 35 hertz. The human ear is much, much less sensitive to these frequencies as it is something like 500 or even 1000+ hz. A 160db vehicle at 30 hz may be loud; and to some, even painful. But it's not near as painful as 160 db at 2,000 hz would be.

Again, this is due to the fact that our hearing is much less sensitive to these lower frequencies. It doesn't affect our ears the same way higher frequencies do. So, again, I don't own one of these systems, so I can't give a direct report. The main point of my post would generally be to say that it's not as bad as you may think.

My wife makes dentures and uses air hose which is high pitch and dental grinding tools which are high pitch and I can hear better then her. I always hear things way before she does or stuff she can't even hear anymore

BASS IS SAFE

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.