Crazy midbass out of my PG RSD 6.5s??? Not so much...

Deadining is a great thing....but it is a bandaid if your looking for it to create all your midbass. I good souding speaker will give plenty of midbass

in a stock door-I am not saying you'll get all the midbass possible but you should still have

plenty....On the flip side,you can deaden your doors all you want on a Diamond HEX and

you wont get jackshit for midbass
Couldn't disagree more.

agreeing with his disagree ^
x2, or is it 3 //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/confused.gif.e820e0216602db4765798ac39d28caa9.gif, //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/smile.gif.1ebc41e1811405b213edfc4622c41e27.gif

Couldn't disagree more.
So your saying in order for any speaker to provide any midbass

worthy or recognition the doors need to be deadened? //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/rolleyes.gif.c1fef805e9d1464d377451cd5bc18bfb.gif

Or thats what your sayin by dissagreeing with me,but atleast

I explain my thoughts you just added meaningless banter

So your saying in order for any speaker to provide any midbassworthy or recognition the doors need to be deadened? //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/rolleyes.gif.c1fef805e9d1464d377451cd5bc18bfb.gif

It highly depends on which doors you are talking about. If you have doors that have huge holes all over them then without filling the holes and deadening you are going to get massive amounts of backwave cancellation.

If you have relatively sealed doors to begin with of course some midbass is possible.

And you say the pg's are average at best but i got rid of my ads 346cs comps that you currently have a set of and the pg's have them beat hands down. Maybe the ones you heard weren't installed properly, especially if you dont beleive in deadening.

It highly depends on which doors you are talking about. If you have doors that have huge holes all over them then without filling the holes and deadening you are going to get massive amounts of backwave cancellation.
If you have relatively sealed doors to begin with of course some midbass is possible.

And you say the pg's are average at best but i got rid of my ads 346cs comps that you currently have a set of and the pg's have them beat hands down. Maybe the ones you heard weren't installed properly, especially if you dont beleive in deadening.

Now I know I am being bullshitted...........

Honestly I think some of you dont know how to read,I did not say I didnt believe in deadning

smart guy,deadning is fantastic BUT

its not a cure all for bad midbass......Lack of midbass can be attributed to many factors,average speakers is one of them

1. deadning is fantastic BUT its not a cure all for bad midbass......

2. Lack of midbass can be attributed to many factors,average speakers is one of them
Agreed on both counts.

However, given the evidence, I believe the major contributing factors would be:

1. Lack of deadening/sealing (which SUMrTOY said will be taken care of come this spring).
  2. Lack of power.

My highs sound wonderful... Just so you all know.. lol

Anyway... I'm not getting much midbass at all. I just sprayed foam all behind and around where the speakers go... (no way I would have been able to deadend it, and I'm cheap..lol)

Agreed on both counts.
However, given the evidence, I believe the major contributing factors would be:

1. Lack of deadening/sealing (which SUMrTOY said will be taken care of come this spring).
  2. Lack of power.
Even though I disagreed, I still agree.

There's a lot of contributing factors. People assume just because you have deadener on the doors it'll give you better midbass output. Wrong. If you have a **** driver, and **** install you've already got 2 strikes against you.

Deadining is a great thing....but it is a bandaid if your looking for it to create all your midbass. I good souding speaker will give plenty of midbass

in a stock door-I am not saying you'll get all the midbass possible but you should still have

plenty....On the flip side,you can deaden your doors all you want on a Diamond HEX and

you wont get jackshit for midbass
Is that the part everyone is disagreeing with -- or does everyone love DA Hex's?

Even though I disagreed, I still agree.
There's a lot of contributing factors. People assume just because you have deadener on the doors it'll give you better midbass output. Wrong. If you have a **** driver, and **** install you've already got 2 strikes against you.
Agreed! But now let's assume that properly applying deadener is part of the equation in effectively executing a good install. Indeed, there are many factors and they all tie in together.

Well I'm glad were still helping out the guy who had a question at the beginning of this thread.

I would say until you deaden your doors and put them in the proper ring, etc. your going to be lacking in the midbass area. But you should still be getting some forms of midbass response as well. Try messing around with your crossover settings on the amp. tune it lower. Also try turning your low to middle frequenices on your HU up as well. I'm sure this will help out some.

-Nick-

I DON'T agree with, is the CRAZY midbass everyone is talking about.
Remember, there is a difference between mid bass and sub bass. It seems a lot of people that read "this set has crazy mid bass" assume it can take the place of a sub bass driver in their stereo. The mid bass driver will not respond at the lower frequencies like a sub woofer will.

I am not saying the above applies to you or your situation, as I think the contributing factors to your lack of mid bass has been identified and solutions have been offered, but I think a lot of people expect the mid bass driver to perform like a sub bass driver and that is not the case.

So your saying in order for any speaker to provide any midbassworthy or recognition the doors need to be deadened? //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/rolleyes.gif.c1fef805e9d1464d377451cd5bc18bfb.gif

If you gave me the choice between cheap speakers that were properly installed with multiple layers of deadening, all holes filled solidly, decoupled from the door, baskets treated to prevent resonances, deflex pads, etc...vs. a pair of ultra-high end drivers simply bolted into the door, I'd pick the first one every time. Every time.

It's not a "band-aid", it's a requirement.

Once someone has done all that, and still doesn't have midbass up to the level that they want, then it may be time to start shopping for new drivers. Until then, there's no way to know.

But, what do I know, it's just meaningless banter...

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

About this thread

SUMrTOY

10+ year member
SUMrTOY
Vermont
Start date
Participants
Who Replied
Replies
Views
Last reply date
Last reply from