Crazy Issues

Participant count
  • Participant list

Chllngr

AR
Hey guys I’d like to get your thoughts on this; So I was driving and listening like normal the other day when all of a sudden my subs stopped playing and I had a lot of static come through the tweeters. I stopped my car and the mids weren’t working any longer, the amp is in protect, and the tweeters will play however there’s a lot of engine noise. I tested my voltage and all was good, interestingly enough when I unplugged the RCA’s from my sub amp the mids started working again? Still engine noise and the sub amp is still in protect. Is my HU broken or is the problem elsewhere?

Grounded the RCA's and now the engine/alternator noise is gone //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/biggrin.gif.d71a5d36fcbab170f2364c9f2e3946cb.gif

Tomorrow I will hook my sub amp back up and see if it will come out of protect now.

Who installed your audio?

Sounds like more than one issue going on....I think someone connected wrong RCA's HU to mono amp and 4 ch amp mixed up.

Update: Ended up grounding the RCAs on the HU and the alternator whine/buzz sound has gone away, the components sound great now.

However, as soon as I hooked the sub amp back up and turned the car on it smoked....rca inputs on the sub amp are game over, but did some more testing and thats not the only issue. Sending the amp off for repair this week.

Update: Ended up grounding the RCAs on the HU and the alternator whine/buzz sound has gone away, the components sound great now.However, as soon as I hooked the sub amp back up and turned the car on it smoked....rca inputs on the sub amp are game over, but did some more testing and thats not the only issue. Sending the amp off for repair this week.
Really strange...

Is the mids/highs amp and the bass amp grounded to the same connection? Battery/Ground point

Were you using the same set of RCAs for both amps? A six channel RCA, four inputs for the mids/highs and the other two for the bass amp? or Two different sets, four channel/two channel?

Really strange...
Is the mids/highs amp and the bass amp grounded to the same connection? Battery/Ground point

Were you using the same set of RCAs for both amps? A six channel RCA, four inputs for the mids/highs and the other two for the bass amp? or Two different sets, four channel/two channel?
To be honest I dont know, I didnt install any of it.. I would have to find a way under the box and look about the ground.

However, there were 2 different sets of RCA's. One set for the sub amp and one set for the 4 channel amp.

To be honest I dont know, I didnt install any of it.. I would have to find a way under the box and look about the ground. However, there were 2 different sets of RCA's. One set for the sub amp and one set for the 4 channel amp.
Check out the ground connection if you can.

I'm just trying to determine more of a possible cause from what you've said.

Since there were two sets of RCAs and the mids/highs RCAs still work then it could have been the RCAs for the bass amp.

Did you see if there were any gouges or splits in them? Is it possible for them to touch an exposed power wire?

If they got in touch with some current then they could have caused some damage. Blown headunit/headunit channel or the amp..

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.