Crackling sounds from the sub

Participant count
  • Participant list

Frederik

Norway
Hey I haw finished my sub setup in my car now and from the sub it sounds like the coil is hitting the magnet ore somthing? so I was wondering if you now what I can do

The resistans is Okey in both my subs and they are supposed to handle 400w rms more then my Amp can deliver, and I was testing my sub in my friends car with more Watson and then I could not hear the sound.

I haw also tested the polarity and it's finde as well.

Do you guys think that my sub is not getting enough current?

Every help is eprisiated

Actually it may be your amplifier. Swap subwoofers and see if the problem still occurs. If so, your amplifiers signal may be spiking mid wavelength causing the crackling sound. You may need a new amp.

Also check for visible signs of basket bending, if your subs basket gets bent a good amount it could knock the gap between the magnet and coil causing rub. Check to make sure your subsonic filter is set correctly if you are using a ported box to avoid over excursion (bottoming out of coil on mag)

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.