Crackling noise in door speakers?

Participant count
  • Participant list

Tek18
10+ year member

CarAudio.com Elite
KY
No matter what volume i have my head unit at, at lower volume it seems to be worse and only with some songs.

( it sounds fine in my headphones and through computer etc. )

but the stock door speakers are about 7 years old and blow, but i have to use them for a little bit longer and i just installed a new head unit and it didn't do it before and a week later its making this noise? its weird. Im not sure if its a setting or something i have messed up. or i want to prevent how i can not get it to do it to my new speakers if its permanent.

thanks!

btw i keep my head unit at 52/62 and don't go any higher, at 55-56 it distorts ( just with bass )

ahhh, potential alternator whine? maybe a bad connection.

reversed wires on speakers? volume seems high.. i never go above 3/4 of max.

make sure bass isnt boosted.

could be the speaekers being shot..completey.

Bad ground or partial short in speaker wires? I had a bad ground that would make all kinds of weird noise and crackling at low volume and went away as the volume turned up, finally the HU would power off at near full volume. After I cleaned up my ground all the problems went away, worth a shot. //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/wink.gif.608e3ea05f1a9f98611af0861652f8fb.gif

Definitely replace the speakers as soon as you can.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.