cracked slug.. is it ruined?

Participant count
  • Participant list

Tahoe12

Okc
have an old re se motor thats cracked all the way around. its not shifted,  but it is cracked.  is it done for,  or can i inject some epoxy and call it a day? its not shifted internally,  but it is, again, cracked.  all the way through...

Pics?   Probably the magnetic field is more or less unchanged but that sort of failure would have me believe it's probably going to become unusable sooner or later.

Pics?   Probably the magnetic field is more or less unchanged but that sort of failure would have me believe it's probably going to become unusable sooner or later.
top plate came misaligned too. idk what this speakers life was before me.. but it was rough. any suggestions on glue to use to fill in the crack/try and secure the ferrite

20181106_081155.jpg

20181104_004429.jpg

I've fixed shifted top plates with pry bars, wedges, shims, and JB Weld epoxy........

Never tried a cracked slug.

If you can get it apart without breaking it up worse and spread some glue around it's worth a shot if you have some free time.

You cartainly can't make it worse 🤣

Last edited by a moderator:
The only time and effort I would put into that is throwing it in the dumpster. Its not worth it to try to glue the slugs and pay for a recone. 
I'd have to agree.  You can get a comparable motor used and functional for 50$ price range.  I don't see any point in risking losing fingers trying to mess with those big magnets on that tier sub and I wonder if this is even worth the 100$ or so you'll drop on softparts even if you can get the motor realigned.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.